Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitting power meter crank with bottom mounted brake
Quote | Reply
Any help would be appreciated! Looking to add a crank based power meter but my rear brake is super close to the crank arm. Can I just order a lower profile rear brake? Any suggestions on what would fit the bill? Bike is a 2017 Scott Plasma 10 with (I think) Ultegra BR-R8010R rear brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting power meter crank with bottom mounted brake [bk2508] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the bike and current brake? At a quick glance, a center pull brake, like the Tririg Alpha X may solve your problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting power meter crank with bottom mounted brake [bk2508] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have a Plasma and I used to have a Stages. Swapped the original brake for a TriRig and clearance issues were solved. I’ve since gone to a P2M but have kept the TriRig because if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting power meter crank with bottom mounted brake [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem on my Felt IA10 (with bottom mounted rear brake), when my LBS was installing a new Ultegra crankset with Stages Powermeter. The best solution was to shave some width off the brake housing with a Dremel, while not reducing the integrity of the brake. It worked fine, although the clearance is still very tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exact same problem on my Scott Plasma Premium.
I had a Pioneer DA crank and no way to make it fit.
I opted to get the Favero pedals instead and love it as an option and it has made changing crank sizes easier as well.
I think the Tri Rig brake option also works but I have not needed to go down that route (although it would be cheaper than new power pedals!).
Quote Reply