Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Losers
Quote | Reply
Anyone watching this? Its a Netflix documentary series about failure in sports. I'm two episodes in and so far, so good.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the golf one last night. It was ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:

Losers & golf... please don't turn this into another Trump thread ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:

I think that and the soccer one were my least favorite. I enjoyed them overall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it about the Cleveland Browns??

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw the Figure Skating one with the French girl. I thought that was pretty good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these like 'biggest collapses/losses' types of things?

I'm guessing van de Velde in golf. Bills (4 straight SB losses) or Browns (winless season surrounded by other awful seasons) in football. Bonaly in figure skating (just saw it was a french woman). Tigers in baseball had the worst season ever, or maybe Cleveland.

Either way it sounds interesting, will have to check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Are these like 'biggest collapses/losses' types of things? "

I'm 4 episodes in and it seems to focus on human interest stories of people who did not necessarily win anything, or what we expected them to win. I think they focus on people who managed to grow from it, or at least make lemonade out of their lemons.

"In a "winning is everything" society, how do we handle failure? This series profiles athletes who have turned the agony of defeat into human triumph."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the title is a bit off, these are hardly Losers. I am 3 episodes in. Hell the soccer one they weren't even losers. Hard to call a world champion and 5 time golden glove champion a loser. (what ever happened to buster douglas?) The skater one, ok maybe she only got to 2nd place, but man its figure skating, we know it was a scoring mess for years.

Been ok TV.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just watched the Curling one, I was a fan in the early 80's then went away to college and a family and stopped watching until 10 yrs ago, and found out the rules had changed, neat to hear the story of how/ why... again though this people were the furthest from Losers, 3 time champions, got rules changed because of them and still won.. Really how is that called a loser?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Losers [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Just watched the Curling one, I was a fan in the early 80's then went away to college and a family and stopped watching until 10 yrs ago, and found out the rules had changed, neat to hear the story of how/ why... again though this people were the furthest from Losers, 3 time champions, got rules changed because of them and still won.. Really how is that called a loser?

In this case it was the championship loss that inspired the new style (now curbed) of play.

My favorite episode was the last one.
Quote Reply