Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spectrum sucks A$$! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to cut the cord and leave Spectrum, but it's the only option for watching Dodger baseball.
Quote Reply
Re: Spectrum sucks A$$! [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found out Spectrum took away all of the Cinemax and Epix channels, but charge me the same. When I called they said it was because other channels are now more expensive- wtf
Quote Reply
Re: Spectrum sucks A$$! [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
JSA wrote:
r. Every box in my house "stalls." I turn on the tv and try to change channels or use the Guide and it says "One moment please." It takes 2-3 minutes to come back on. Then, today, I had to unplug and reboot every box in the house. This takes approximately 20 minutes to reset the piece of shit box.

if the problem is the box, then buy your own box

https://www.tivo.com/

I had a TIVO back when I cut the cord and lived without cable. I recently moved to a building with Comcast/Xfinity included, i hated the "x-1" box (The DVR is frustratingly slow) so I got a cable card and used the TIVO - can be a PITA to set up, but no problems now.

So, how does that work? I buy the TIVO box then request a cable card from Spectrum? Then I just plug the cable into the TIVO box and use that as my receiver/guide/etc?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit does this company SUCK! They cannot figure out the issue with the boxes, so, they are sending a tech.

However, in the meantime, they decided to update the software in the boxes. Now, wouldn't you do that in the middle of the night? One would think. Not this company! They did it in the middle of the day on the one day I decide to work from home. The dowload started at 11:00 a.m. and is showing up on every box in the house. It is now 3:18 p.m. and the update is still running. In addition, it seems to be slowing the hell out of my internet making remote access to my work computer very, very slow.

I hate this company. Unreal.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Holy shit does this company SUCK! They cannot figure out the issue with the boxes, so, they are sending a tech.

However, in the meantime, they decided to update the software in the boxes. Now, wouldn't you do that in the middle of the night? One would think. Not this company! They did it in the middle of the day on the one day I decide to work from home. The dowload started at 11:00 a.m. and is showing up on every box in the house. It is now 3:18 p.m. and the update is still running. In addition, it seems to be slowing the hell out of my internet making remote access to my work computer very, very slow.

I hate this company. Unreal.

What if I told you that there's a place where you can go for tasty treats & brews, AND a free conference room with hot & cold running wifi. What would you give for that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had to deal with Spectrum and their predecessor, Brighthouse, for over a decade. They truly suck. They're a model of how to not run a company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update 04/23/19: Second tech visit today. What a pain in the ass. Spectrum makes you go through all their online problem solvers before they will send a tech. Had every box in the house reboot. Still did not fix the problem. Even better, the box upstairs started having issues with the guide. I unplugged to reboot and now it will not power on at all. So, the tech comes out this morning. Turns out the signal is too strong. Mind you - I ran all their online trouble-shooting programs and they all came back saying the signal was too weak. So, I bought a booster. Ran the trouble-shooter again and it still said signal too weak. But, that is not the issue. The signal is too strong. Tech pulled the booster. Put in a signal regulator. Replaced 3 of the 5 boxes. We are up and running. We will see how long this lasts.

Quote Reply
Re: Spectrum sucks A$$! [Litemike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Litemike wrote:
I just found out Spectrum took away all of the Cinemax and Epix channels, but charge me the same. When I called they said it was because other channels are now more expensive- wtf

That is a problem all the cable/satellite services are having. The program providers like HBO and the local channels keep asking for more and more money to provide their signals to the cable and satellite companies. Sooner or later the camel breaks and voila, some of the channels are gone.

Dish lost HBO a few months ago along with some associated channels. The reason was HBO jacked up their prices so much that it was no longer profitable enough to carry that system. One of the local networks (the CW network), jacked up their pricing late in 2018 and was off the Dish local network menu until a few weeks ago when it reappeared. I guess the negotiations finally resulted in an agreeable price after about 6 months of being off the satellite feed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
JSA wrote:
r. Every box in my house "stalls." I turn on the tv and try to change channels or use the Guide and it says "One moment please." It takes 2-3 minutes to come back on. Then, today, I had to unplug and reboot every box in the house. This takes approximately 20 minutes to reset the piece of shit box.

if the problem is the box, then buy your own box

https://www.tivo.com/

I had a TIVO back when I cut the cord and lived without cable. I recently moved to a building with Comcast/Xfinity included, i hated the "x-1" box (The DVR is frustratingly slow) so I got a cable card and used the TIVO - can be a PITA to set up, but no problems now.

So, how does that work? I buy the TIVO box then request a cable card from Spectrum? Then I just plug the cable into the TIVO box and use that as my receiver/guide/etc?

yes that's it exactly - you need to get a cable capable TIVO box, and a cable card from Spectrum. The cable card has your credentials for the cable company so it can get the cable guide and the signal

although if your signal is that weak as described in a different post, this may not help
Quote Reply

Prev Next