Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

World track champs
Quote | Reply
I've been watching the track champs forntue past few days.

Some great racing, esp. the pursuit for both men and women.

It will be interesting to see what extra aero trickery comes out at the next Olympics, vs what they ride and wear 17 months out. (It seemed like every other rider was using an Giro Aerohead).

Also (on the BBC) a great interview by Chris Hoy with Kristina Vogel following her dreadful crash last year. Such a positive, inspiring attitude in spite of how her world was turned upside down.
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised by the number of mass start riders wearing the Aerohead.

Purely U.S. fandom: Gritty ride by Jen Valente to get shut out of the tempo race, then come back to both win the elimination and take a lap in the scratch race after crashing. Lambie did well to take 5th in IP - showed that his WR wasn't a total fluke. Was hoping for more out of Holloway in the men's omnium. He did OK in the elimination, but was clearly just hanging on for dear life the rest of the time.

It was nice having Vogel as a commentator. Clearly a little nervous, and not totally polished with her English, but I think she can grow into it.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 2, 19 15:05
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I was surprised by the number of mass start riders wearing the Aerohead.

Purely U.S. fandom: Gritty ride by Jen Valente to get shut out of the tempo race, then come back to both win the elimination and take a lap in the scratch race after crashing. Lambie did well to take 5th in IP - showed that his WR wasn't a total fluke. Was hoping for more out of Holloway in the men's omnium. He did OK in the elimination, but was clearly just hanging on for dear life the rest of the time.

It was nice having Vogel as a commentator. Clearly a little nervous, and not totally polished with her English, but I think she can grow into it.

it was altitude assisted; shows you how meaningful those records are. They should really have one for sea level and another for altitude
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

it was altitude assisted; shows you how meaningful those records are. They should really have one for sea level and another for altitude

Yeah, but my point was that he showed he's still a world class IPer at any altitude. 4:12 is a big-boy time.

Edit: But I agree. Like the HUUB team is planning to go to Aguas next month specifically to break a bunch of WRs. Which, great for them. But I kind of feel like WR's other than the hour should be broken in competition, not specially curated private events (even with UCI oversight). And I'd agree for the hour too. But we should went through all the drama of consolidating the hour record. Are we going to start dicing it up again already?
Last edited by: trail: Mar 2, 19 16:08
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any of you know if it's still available somewhere to watch? Was looking forward to some IP and TP but missed it on Eurosport and haven't found much on Youtube yet
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was great to see Kristina Vogel. Was a fan of hers before the accident, even more so now. Impressive woman.
Quote Reply
Re: World track champs [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Do any of you know if it's still available somewhere to watch? Was looking forward to some IP and TP but missed it on Eurosport and haven't found much on Youtube yet

Not for free, but I watched it on NBC Gold.
Quote Reply