Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Test Riding Bikes at the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival: Some Quick Reviews [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
Umm, yeah...I know what a downcountry bike is, that's why I'm shopping for one. :)

I wouldn't say I'm rethinking my 150mm bike, more that I always knew it wasn't a 'quiver of one' bike. One big factor in buying it was that I plan to spend several days in the park, and I didn't want to keep renting.

I'm spending 5 days riding in Whistler in June and am renting the whole time. It's Canadian dollars, so it's almost free.

I had a 160mm BMC TrailFox but sold it because I didn't ride it enough. I don't really miss it, to be honest. Not with trails where I live anyway. Good/light bigger travel bikes are so expensive. Triathletes think THEY have it bad...
Quote Reply
Re: Test Riding Bikes at the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival: Some Quick Reviews [stevendex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevendex wrote:
I've also heard the "down country" and "trail country" nomenclature. I would really like the new salsa spearfish. I have my current 2015 spearfish set up with a 150mm dropper, a 760mm bar, 180mm rotors and 2.4 tires. I like that it's 27 pounds but wish it did have a little more than 80mm travel in the rear. It climbs very well but I get beat up doing 2-3 hour rides and want something a little more forgiving. I don't ride mtb enough to build up mtb specific strength.

The new Salsa bikes are really really nice. If I hadn't bought my Fuel Ex I would have either gotten a Horsethief or a Spearfish. One thing these bikes have that's not well advertised at this point is mounting points for a top tube bag and two bottles. Between water in the bottles and gels in the bag you can easily go for a 2+ hour ride without a pack. I believe the new Spearfish is 120/100 and the Horsethief is 140/120. My only critique is that I wish the STA was a bit steeper on both bikes. What Fezzari is doing with the 75 degree STA is really spot on.

https://salsacycles.com/...fish_carbon_gx_eagle
Quote Reply

Prev Next