Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix?
Quote | Reply
Kinda stumbled on to this one, but really enjoying it so far.

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
Kinda stumbled on to this one, but really enjoying it so far.

The spousal unit and I binged-watched it over Saturday and Sunday nights this last weekend. Great series. My favorite character is Klaus. That dude is messed up in the head, but it turns out that's for a good reason.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The actor playing Klaus nails exactly how an addict looks and acts. My son, a meth addict about the same age as the Klaus character, has that same gaunt look and behaves just like that when he's using, right down to the cigarettes, agitation, speech cadence, and even the arm gestures and the way he strides around the room.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Binged on it last week. It was good - but the whole time I was hoping it would become 'great' and it never quite did.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [susanherself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
susanherself wrote:
The actor playing Klaus nails exactly how an addict looks and acts. My son, a meth addict about the same age as the Klaus character, has that same gaunt look and behaves just like that when he's using, right down to the cigarettes, agitation, speech cadence, and even the arm gestures and the way he strides around the room.

First, sorry to hear about your son. I hope that he can get straight, because that is one hell of a drug to be messing with.

Second, I thought the same thing about the guy playing Klaus. I think his name is Robert Sheehan and he's an Irish actor. Boy, did he nail the junkie and addict persona to a 'T.'

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
First, sorry to hear about your son. I hope that he can get straight, because that is one hell of a drug to be messing with.

I despair for him. Thanks for your kindness in expressing hope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No but will check it out now. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watched about 3/4 of Episode 1, got interrupted and haven't had a chance to get back in

I was considering reading the comic/graphic novel(s) first though? Any opinion on that?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, but i will after this thread!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Binged on it last week. It was good - but the whole time I was hoping it would become 'great' and it never quite did.

I watched it over a few nights last week too. Generally speaking, this was my take. I felt the show had the ability to take it to the next level, but just didn't get there. It was good, worth the time for sure.

Kind of a cross between Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and Xmen, with a smattering of Kill Bill violence.

Quote Reply