Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what peoples thoughts on these three things. I had all three last year.

Hands down, beyond a shadow of a doubt one was much much much worst than the other 2.

I mean I would do the other 2 like a couple times a year vs doing the other one once every 5 yrs.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m guessing root canal is the evil one. Only personal experience with one, but I hated every second of it.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't had the (dis)pleasure of a colonoscopy yet, but have had the other two. I didn't think they were a big deal. Then again, I don't mind the dentist at all

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
I’m guessing root canal is the evil one. Only personal experience with one, but I hated every second of it.

Not for me, my root canal was painless took about an hour, even though the Oral surgeon thought it would be longer cause I had a split root so it was a bit trickier.

They left me for a few minutes to let something set, and I pulled out my phone and was texting people. Was tempted to take a selfie but thought that would be a bit much.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Haven't had the (dis)pleasure of a colonoscopy yet, but have had the other two. I didn't think they were a big deal. Then again, I don't mind the dentist at all

The Crown was the most unpleasurable one. I think it was an hour for the fitting, and then a couple weeks later another hour for the actual crown. It was not fun.. actually some of the fillings I had might have been worst , I have sensitive teeth and the numbing stuff doesn't always work the first time, or 2nd time.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:

My dentist couldn't figure out why my tooth still hurt during my root canal, after he had deadened the three nerves in the tooth.

Turns out I'm one of the odd ones with *four* nerves in that tooth...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only right answer to that question is a kidney stone.
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
RockyMtnChic wrote:

My dentist couldn't figure out why my tooth still hurt during my root canal, after he had deadened the three nerves in the tooth.

Turns out I'm one of the odd ones with *four* nerves in that tooth...

Didn't the do x-ray's Before hand? Mine had like a 3d model of the whole root system, Once my dentist saw my forked root they sent me to the oral surgeon (maybe thats where I got lucky) he did more xrays made that virtual model, then dove in..

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have had all three, didn't think they were a big deal. Prep for colonoscopy was the worst part.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only ever had a crown in conjunction with a root canal. No idea how they go separately. But they can run a tube up my ass 3 or 4 times for every root canal/crown combo. The prep sucks, but the procedure was just some nice drugs.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't mind the root canal or crown near as much as getting a roto-rooter shoved up my corn hole (and I have a 'yuge gag reflex).

That said, I had two molars extracted last week and I'm still feeling a bit tender from that, so maybe a camera snake up the 'ol leather cheerio isn't so bad...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was awake when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. At the time I couldn’t afford anesthesia.

I took a couple Valium beforehand.

Still sucked ass.

They use pliers....

...and hammers.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
The only right answer to that question is a kidney stone.

OH GOOD GOD NO... had one of those like 8 yrs ago... would not wish that on my worst enemy... OH NO NO NO.. NEVER AGAIN, not even close.. after that when a Nurse asked me my pain level I use to say before or after the Kidney stone cause my scale got recalibrated with that....

Thanks for the memories... NOT.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I was awake when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. At the time I couldn’t afford anesthesia.

Still sucked ass.

They use pliers....

...and hammers.

I woke up while they were pulling mine.. still pretty high on the gas.. I thought wow thats cool there is smoke coming out of my mouth, oh that cracking sound must be my teeth.. and I couldn't figure out why all I felt was a pulling on the back of my neck.. first muscles not numbed I guess.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The colonoscopy BY FAR is the worst, or should I say drinking that poison they call "the prep" beforehand. Sorry to scare anyone who hasn't had one yet but it truly is awful. I kept thinking as I was trying to drink the prep "how do old people get thru this", I think I am dying. Then they couldn't get the camera past the first 90 degree turn in my intestines so they only saw like 25% of what they wanted to see. I have no idea what will happen if I get colon cancer or something else that necessitates another colonoscopy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Still sucked ass.

They use pliers....

...and hammers.

I woke up while they were pulling mine.. still pretty high on the gas.. I thought wow thats cool there is smoke coming out of my mouth, oh that cracking sound must be my teeth.. and I couldn't figure out why all I felt was a pulling on the back of my neck.. first muscles not numbed I guess.

I had a most wonderful combination of valium and demerol in an IV. You aren't out, but you are out. I came around a little bit to some dude with what from my perspective looked like a blacksmith's tongs shoved into my mouth and crushes a tooth.

My only thought was, "wow, that should REALLY hurt" Then they noticed I was more aware and turned up the IV and back off to my happy place I went.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not old enough for a colonoscopy yet but have had a root canal and crown a year ago. The pain came when the infection sprouted one Sunday evening and that was it, until the crown was fitted and set. It is absolutely ugly. I can see the slight difference in color and hate the feel of it from inside but no one can tell.

Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
I had damage to a front tooth that eventually led to a root canal. The numbing wasn't enough and felt like he was pressure molding liquid metal into something near my eyeballs.

It was all I could do not to flinch but the fear of what was going on kept me frozen.

1/10, would not recommend to a friend.

I also have a front tooth root canal done at age 12 (bike accident) it's come unglued a few times and I've have 2 caps on it since. It's been an expensive accident. Don't recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Colonoscopy, Root Canal, Or a Crown [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Still sucked ass.

They use pliers....

...and hammers.

I had some kind of anesthesia but stayed awake during the whole thing. I remember them being a bit perturbed by it as I kept trying to talk to them. At least it was painless.
Quote Reply