Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Best Lotion for dry skin?
Quote | Reply
It's winter. I'm making a valiant effort to reduce my 2.4 mile swim by about 15% and I'm spending more time (1-2 hrs/day - 4-5x/week) in the pool working on stroke technique and endurance. My problem - I am suffering through some annoyingly dry skin. I've been using Lubriderm after showering, but it doesn't seem to help much. I'm sure others have had to deal with this - any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Jay
Quote Reply
Re: The Best Lotion for dry skin? [trimanjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For very dry skin try these lotions:

1. ProLactin or 2. Lac-Hydrin Five

They can be found in Pharmacies, some Drug Stores, not Super Markets. Hospital Pharmacies are a good bet. One bottle is about 14$. I'd use a standard lotion after swimming and one of these lotions at night before bedtime or after your last shower of the day. They are not highly scented so that is nice and they work! They are strong so you may find you will not need to use 'the good stuff' every day. I hope this relieves some "suffering".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gold Bond
Quote Reply
Re: The Best Lotion for dry skin? [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Baby Magic..serious. I found for me it works better than any other lotion I have tried. I also have another condition called iktheosis (or something) - meaning really dry skin...Doc's have told me brand after brand to try...Baby Magic was not only the best...it is also MUCH cheaper than any of the others. (And I like the smell).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zim's Crack Cream. If you can get past the name it is the greatest stuff on the entire planet of the Earth.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: The Best Lotion for dry skin? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wifes Eucerin. Fragrance free "Dermatologist recommended"
The dirtball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Body Butter from the Body Shop. I use the "Very Dry" /mango smelling formula. The stuff from the grocery store sucks. This Butter....oh yeah!
Quote Reply
Re: The Best Lotion for dry skin? [ventoux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suffer severly from dry skin. All my life I have. About 16 years ago I was introduced to lac hydrin and it's been the miracle cream. When I first started using it, it burns a little because your skin is so dry, but that goes away quickly and within 2-3 day's I noticed a HUGE difference. Regular lotions are like water on a duck to me.

You can now get the full strength lac hydrin over the counter as well. Lac Hydrin 5 is a lower strength, but works very well also. Both are expensive, but it's a fairly large bottle and once you begin to use them, a little goes a long way.

good luck.

dennis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My suggestion is a bit off the wall, but you might want to try eating more olive oil. Probably not a total solution, but I have found it makes a surprising difference.

duncan
Quote Reply