Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
Been reported NK's version more accurate than trump's version of talks stalling and pretty much seconded by state dept. and they think cohen's a liar?

"Been reported"? You mean like NBC reported that DJT gave up the full accounting requirement? Keep trying.

At this point I don’t even know who is less credible. Kim or Trump.

Meanwhile Trump is using Twitter to advertise his new golf course in scotland. Nice to see some Presidential profiteering.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Meanwhile Trump is using Twitter to advertise his new golf course in scotland.

The Scots love him.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greeting the locals in his patented style:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Actually, what was pathetic was watching a newly elected president in 2008 fly around the world apologizing for what is considered the world's greatest country. How did that work out? What is your definition of sucking up.....Obama's whispering to Russian President Medvedev on a live mic he'll have more flexibility about russian missiles........or Trump walking out on Kim. Who's the suck up?

According to whom?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Actually, what was pathetic was watching a newly elected president in 2008 fly around the world apologizing for what is considered the world's greatest country. How did that work out? What is your definition of sucking up.....Obama's whispering to Russian President Medvedev on a live mic he'll have more flexibility about russian missiles........or Trump walking out on Kim. Who's the suck up?

According to whom?

Gee, I dunno. I just pulled that out of thin air. But if you want to learn something, maybe you might want to take a poll of all the people climbing over fences to get in here. Or maybe ask the millions who over stay their visas and refuse to leave this country. Or maybe ask the citizens of the countries who receive billions each year from us to help keep their economies afloat. Just a wild guess. Take many history classes?
But if I'm wrong.....I look forward to you educating me.
Last edited by: gphin305: Mar 3, 19 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

According to whom?

Gee, I dunno. I just pulled that out of thin air. But if you want to learn something, maybe you might want to take a poll of all the people climbing over fences to get in here. Or maybe ask the millions who over stay their visas and refuse to leave this country. Or maybe ask the citizens of the countries who receive billions each year from us to help keep their economies afloat. Just a wild guess. Take many history classes?

There are millions trying to get into Germany and other European countries. Also Australia. I don't see how you've answered the question.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

According to whom?

There are millions trying to get into Germany and other European countries. Also Australia. I don't see how you've answered the question.

Yep, sure are.....and how's that working out for Europe?
But, thanks Kay for interjecting and responding for Blabel. But, I did answer....admitted "just a wild guess". Is that not good enough for you? I admit I'm wrong every once in a while.... could be wrong on this.....maybe. If so, I sincerely apologize if you are offended. So, if you think I'm off base here, I look forward to you educating me. Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The main reason the U.S has millions trying to get in are because you have a strong economy, are wealthy and have a border that is accessible by people in countries that are poor. If Canada, any Western European country, Australia or NZ had the same situation, there would be just as many trying to come into there so it's not really proof of being the greatest country.

The U.S is the greatest country in the world for Americans but people in the other countries mentioned would say theirs is the greatest country. There's no one way to measure that so you're left with is an opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The main reason the U.S has millions trying to get in are because you have a strong economy, are wealthy and have a border that is accessible by people in countries that are poor. If Canada, any Western European country, Australia or NZ had the same situation, there would be just as many trying to come into there so it's not really proof of being the greatest country.

The U.S is the greatest country in the world for Americans but people in the other countries mentioned would say theirs is the greatest country. There's no one way to measure that so you're left with is an opinion.

Exactly. Bingo, we have a winner. Glad I didn't trigger any microaggressions with my friends (and relatives) up there (Niagara Falls area). Everyone should feel their country is the greatest. Unlike here where we seem to have a bunch of people still throwing temper tantrums because their candidate wasn't elected a couple years ago. BTW, how are all our hollywood celebrities who promised to move enjoying the winter up there.....oh wait :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Unlike here where we seem to have a bunch of people still throwing temper tantrums because their candidate wasn't elected a couple years ago. "

Is this post from 2010?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

There is also the issue that the US drug trade has created such monstrous crime that it has become a living hell for many. And ironically, the criminal gangs would benefit substantially from a wall. They could substantially raise their toll for human trafficking.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"Unlike here where we seem to have a bunch of people still throwing temper tantrums because their candidate wasn't elected a couple years ago. "

Is this post from 2010?

Funny.....but I wasn't aware of safe spaces and microaggressions back then......do you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
I just pulled that out of thin air. But if you want to learn something, maybe you might want to take a poll of all the people climbing over fences to get in here. Or maybe ask the millions who over stay their visas and refuse to leave this country.

Please stop living in thin air - the oxygene deficit is beginning to show. So your choosen jury of which country is the world´s greatest is - citing your orange hero - "bad hombres"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Everyone should feel their country is the greatest.

Right thought, wrong conclusion... NO one should feel his country is the greatest! Superiority is just not a very intelligent concept for mutual respect and peace.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

Right thought, wrong conclusion... NO one should feel his country is the greatest! Superiority is just not a very intelligent concept for mutual respect and peace.

Interesting concept to say the least. I'm assuming then you should not give your father a "worlds greatest dad" t-shirt because of superiority issues?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

Interesting concept to say the least. I'm assuming then you should not give your father a "worlds greatest dad" t-shirt because of superiority issues?

Every time someone boldly states that the U.S. is the bar-none greatest country in the world, I'm reminded of the opening from The Newsroom.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

According to whom?

But, thanks Kay for interjecting and responding for Blabel. But, I did answer....admitted "just a wild guess". Is that not good enough for you? I admit I'm wrong every once in a while.... could be wrong on this.....maybe. If so, I sincerely apologize if you are offended. So, if you think I'm off base here, I look forward to you educating me. Can't wait.

My mistake. I thought your answer was an attempt at justifying your opinion, not an admission of error.

Greatest nation? Maybe highest GDP per capita? Happiest? Highest life expectancy? Hard to say, but USA doesn't really feature on those metrics.

Scandinavian countries dominate the happiness ranks (US 18th), European countries as well as Singapore and Australia are among the healthiest (US 34th), life expectancy is topped by HK and Japan and then mostly European countries (US 37th). The only metric US tops is productivity.

Looking at all metrics Switzerland comes out as the clear winner.

Source:

https://medium.com/...e-world-68233cc062c4
Quote Reply
Re: Trump - Kim Summit #2 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Blabelzabel wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

According to whom?

My mistake. I thought your answer was an attempt at justifying your opinion, not an admission of error.

Greatest nation? Maybe highest GDP per capita? Happiest? Highest life expectancy? Hard to say, but USA doesn't really feature on those metrics.

Scandinavian countries dominate the happiness ranks (US 18th), European countries as well as Singapore and Australia are among the healthiest (US 34th), life expectancy is topped by HK and Japan and then mostly European countries (US 37th). The only metric US tops is productivity.

Looking at all metrics Switzerland comes out as the clear winner.

Source:

https://medium.com/...e-world-68233cc062c4

Thanks for the info......and the "clear winner". Considering Switzerland doesn't have one month that averages over 65 degrees, I'll stick with the USA. Much prefer swimming in warm water without a wetsuit.
Last edited by: gphin305: Mar 3, 19 19:51
Quote Reply

Prev Next