Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peloton Bikes and their data
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the Peloton bike and know if their "watts" readings are accurate? I'm essentially wondering how the bike measures watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Peloton Bikes and their data [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used them in different hotels. They are not all the same. People have varied stories online about their accuracy, it sounds like 10% error is within range, it sounds like there are cases of drift over time. Painting with a broad brush here, but I would say the majority of Peloton's users do not give a first thought to whether or not their bike is accurate.

My wife uses the App on our NEO and loves it. It's a little bit more cumbersome, but she gets more data that way, and still gets to enjoy the classes.
Quote Reply
Re: Peloton Bikes and their data [mpquick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use something like that, or a Precor, or an "assault bike" I'd just be sure to use the same exact one every time if you're depending on that data point in your workout.

If I'm relegated to indoors AND not a real setup, I tend to end up doing 30/30's or 1:1 work up to a minute or two per interval. Short enough and hard enough the actual output doesn't matter, just matters that you're going full-gaz.

If you notice, a lot of spin classes have a constant high rpm but sprinkle in little 30 second to 1 to 2 minute hits of work.

It's a lot easier to judge those efforts on only RPE than figuring out what to do for a complicated under/over threshold workout at 12 minutes per rep.

Just me. Enjoy. Lots of people like them.
Quote Reply
Re: Peloton Bikes and their data [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peloton's don't have direct-force-measuring power meters, so the wattage is derived. I see people online hooking up Garmin Vectors or other pedal-based power meters and re-calibrating the Peloton:

https://www.reddit.com/...accuracycalibration/
Quote Reply