Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Generation UCAN
Quote | Reply
Hey I’m probably a bit late to the whole buzz around it but I was first introduced to generation ucan a few years ago. I didn’t quite know what it was so I didn’t really feel inclined to get any but this marathon runner I spoke with said it’s the best thing ever.

Have any of you tried it and what has been your experience?

I’ve also been wondering what else is viable. My stomach hasn’t been as great on excessive amounts of gels anymore as I threw up at IMCHOO. I also seem to burn through gels too quickly and I can feel the spikes and troughs of my blood sugar. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Generation UCAN [Khwang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in ST experience with UCAN as well. Do most go with the Super Starch or the blended protein/super starch versions? Also, should one expect to augment with a separate electrolytes/salt intake protocol for long course/IM racing.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using it for the last few years but will be trialling products to move away from it. I must admit I like you don't get the same peaks and troughs that you do with a higher GI energy product but it is a pain in the arse as it settles out in your bottles. I put a stainless steel nut in each bottle and shake it up before drinking otherwise it can stay gluggy or in the base of your bottle. I never had gastric issues in the past but leaned towards using it based on a nutritionist I went to see based finding other issues I had been having. I still have some left and will use it in a concentrate bottle on longer easier rides but am looking to trial Infinit and see how that goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge fan here. Haven't used it for any triathlons, but have used it for before races 5k-marathon. Especially good for early morning workouts when I don't want to wait for food to digest before getting out the door. Wake up, chug some ucan, and hit the workout. The flavor/texture is terrible, but if you can choke it down, I've never had any GI issues with it and feel like it provides much more consistent energy than anything else I've tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a big fan of it personally... except for the fact it doesn’t taste very good and it settles. Their protein bars are sneaky good fyi.
Quote Reply