Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview
Quote | Reply
Great interview by a friend of mine Brad Cooper with Chrissie Wellington. Out of the sport for a few years now, it's amazing how much she accomplished in the time she had in our sport. Available in iTunes as well.

https://www.catalystcoachinginstitute.com/...st-coaching-podcast/
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [ScrapIronSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Steve! Chrissie was very generous with both her time and her insights. Honest about the struggles with the eating disorders and even laid out a few training/racing tips I'd not yet come across in my PhD research.

Not surprisingly, it appears this may be our most popular episode to date! Thank you again to Chrissie for her willingness to share - an amazing athlete and individual!

-Brad
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [Ironcoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

is there an article or transcript?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, have downloaded it to listen to on the next dreadmill session!
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Thanks, have downloaded it to listen to on the next dreadmill session!

Great idea
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buzz - no transcript up yet. We will eventually, but as I'm typing this, one of the best parts of the interview is the joy you can hear in her voice and not sure how we can capture that in the transcript :-). But yes - we'll get one up. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's to a much more enjoyable 'mill session Scheherazade! I actually listened back through it on last treadmill run too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the next few hours, Chrissie's interview will easily become our most popular podcast episode of all time. I have a feeling it was the Slowtwitchers driving this ship! Thanks all - hope you enjoyed it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speaking of podcasts, check out the marathon investigation one on Anita C with her pal Bill. This Bill guy is fucking nuts.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure enough - Chrissie's episode just passed the interview with Alex Hutchinson (author of Endure: Mind, Body and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance). I didn't think anyone would pass that one. Maybe this makes her the 5-Time World Champion? :-)

Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recommend everyone to listen to Brad Cooper's interview with Chrissy Wellingto, link below. She is surely missed in the sport. A lot to learn from Chrissy and her journey to become the queen of Kona during her short career as a professional triathlete.

https://www.catalystcoachinginstitute.com/catalyst-coaching-podcast/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that got me through Tuesday's run. I was so engrossed I ran longer than I was supposed to!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! That might qualify as one of the best "testimonials" of all time!! :-)

Thanks for saying so. Glad you enjoyed it. New episode hits Monday morning w/ Dr. Carla Meijen, who did her research on the difference between challenge and threat. I've referenced some of her stuff in my PhD research, and there's a lot of application to our training as endurance athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [pesantos38] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Paulo! Very kind! She is one of the greats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironcoop wrote:
In the next few hours, Chrissie's interview will easily become our most popular podcast episode of all time. I have a feeling it was the Slowtwitchers driving this ship! Thanks all - hope you enjoyed it!!

A thanks to the OP as that's how I found the podcast, which I shared with my tri club.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was good listening, thanks! Being retired gives a chance to be more candid

Was interesting to hear her talk about her smiling... a few top female pros seemed to smile from start to finish and was curious about how they experienced it
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks for sharing it Tsunami!
New episode w/ Dr. Carla Meijen talking about Challenge/Threat just went live this AM. Hope there's a nugget or two in there for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already 2/3 of the way through that one, on my morning commute! Thanks.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool - thanks!
That episode set a "Day 1" record for number of listeners, so it appears you're not alone. That whole "Challenge-Threat" concept is fascinating.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington Podcast/interview [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lacticturkey - yes, there's been a lot of research on the positive impact of smiling in endurance sports. If you saw the documentary on the Nike 2 hr project, you saw the amazing Eliud Kipchoge purposefully smiling up until about mile 25 (how to do that at a 4:35/mile pace is another discussion!). I'm studying some of this as part of my current PhD work.

But what Chrissie mentioned during the podcast sits outside the current research - something we might call "Smiling 2.0." It was intriguing how she described it and the impact it (at least hypothetically) had on her racing.

Thanks for the note - glad you enjoyed it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning all - we just posted interview with Brad Stulberg, best-selling author of "Peak Performance" and "The Passion Paradox." He's got some pretty good insights for us as triathletes on the topic of passion as we tend to be a pretty focused group. Link is available same spot as Chrissie's: https://www.catalystcoachinginstitute.com/...st-coaching-podcast/ if interested.

I'm also impressed by his book if you're looking for a good read. I think I saw it's (The Passion Paradox) on a pretty good discount on Amazon this week?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning all - just a quick heads up that the last 2 episodes might be of definitive interest here. Last week was interview on concept of "functional mental toughness" that might have a nugget or two. However, this morning's new episode is interview with Dr. Meeta Singh, who is the board certified sleep doctor who works with MLB/NHL/NFL/NBA teams. Some good stuff for us triathletes!

We'll try to keep 'em coming. Thanks for the encouragement!
Quote Reply