Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Debt Ceiling
Quote | Reply
US is going to hit the debt ceiling on March 1st. Remember when the government used to be shutdown over real issues. Now we hardly hear a word about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Debt Ceiling [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
US is going to hit the debt ceiling on March 1st. Remember when the government used to be shutdown over real issues. Now we hardly hear a word about it.

Remember when having a Senate-confirmed Secretary of Defense also mattered? :) Been nearly two months, and it's like a non-issue, no names floated. Pure Constitutional stuff - the Senate is abdicating its "advice and consent" mandate by letting Shanahan play at being SecDef for as long as Trump wants.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 24, 19 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

But this is so much easier

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

Debt ceiling is problem for future. Since most people have little regard for the future or the past neither party cares.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Debt Ceiling [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
torrey wrote:

Debt ceiling is problem for future. Since most people have little regard for the future or the past neither party cares.

The Dems never have a problem with the debt ceiling. The Pubs have a problem with the debt ceiling only when they don't have all of the power. Trust me, if a Dem wins the next presidential race the debt ceiling will be a huge problem that the Dems have ignored for far too long and we need to put the Pubs back in power to fix the situation.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

The debt ceiling isn't the real issue. The budget allocations are. The debt ceiling is a flea circus.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Debt Ceiling [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
torrey wrote:

Sure the national debt will destroy us, but the millenials need a real challenge, so its the right thing to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Debt Ceiling [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
len wrote:
torrey wrote:

The Dems never have a problem with the debt ceiling. The Pubs have a problem with the debt ceiling only when they don't have all of the power. Trust me, if a Dem wins the next presidential race the debt ceiling will be a huge problem that the Dems have ignored for far too long and we need to put the Pubs back in power to fix the situation.

Pink?
Quote Reply
Re: Debt Ceiling [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
len wrote:
torrey wrote:

Pink?

Nope, I don't know any Dems calling the debt ceiling a calamity, they do try and make moves to reduce it but it's not a house on fire. The Pubs, when they're not in complete power, it's a house on fire and the Dems spending is out of control.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
len wrote:
torrey wrote:

Pink?

Nope, I don't know any Dems calling the debt ceiling a calamity, they do try and make moves to reduce it but it's not a house on fire. The Pubs, when they're not in complete power, it's a house on fire and the Dems spending is out of control.

Well at least the House Dems are trying to take steps to reduce the deficit.

https://theintercept.com/...-pelosi-pay-go-rule/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's what I meant. It's not a house on fire but is an issue that needs to be controlled.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's what I meant. It's not a house on fire but is an issue that needs to be controlled.

So what did you mean by needing to "put the Pubs back in charge to fix it"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

That is what the Pubs will say when they no longer have the presidency. It will again become their rallying cry. Since they currently have the White House, deficits don't matter.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

That is what the Pubs will say when they no longer have the presidency. It will again become their rallying cry. Since they currently have the White House, deficits don't matter.

Ah, so you were referring to how the Pubs would frame the argument, rather than stating what you felt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Ah, so you were referring to how the Pubs would frame the argument, rather than stating what you felt?

Yes, sorry if it didn't come out that way.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply