Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training resorts Mallorca
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

For the past three years I have been visiting Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, both having excellent triathlon training facilities.
This year I’m planning a stay in Mallorca.
Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Training resorts Mallorca [IronTED] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on where in Mallorca. I go twice a year to Playa de Muro (hotel name: Las Gaviotas). It has a 25M pool, Spa, fitness and is 100M walk from the sea. SYcling fronm there is great: you can go mostly flat or within 15K you're in the hills/mountains. IF you go in the high season it can be busy but that never bothers me. You are very save on all roads in Mallorca, great place to train. There are some fantastic cycling routes and also trail running possibilities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven’t been there yet, but in May/JuneI’m staying at a cycling/tri-focused resort in Port de Pollenca...Sporthotel Hoposa...has a lap pool, bike shop, alll sorts of stuff. Check it out, seems perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VIVA Blue in Playa de Muro is amazing. Beautiful lap pool (just tell the front desk when you want a lane) and a full bike shop in the basement. Food is pretty good too. We stayed there for a Trisutto camp a few years ago.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Training resorts Mallorca [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asellerg wrote:
VIVA Blue in Playa de Muro is amazing. Beautiful lap pool (just tell the front desk when you want a lane) and a full bike shop in the basement. Food is pretty good too. We stayed there for a Trisutto camp a few years ago.

This!

Stayed there for 2 weeks a year or so ago. Really nice 25m pool they will open for swimmers, really great bike facilities (shop, underground garage like storage, cleaning/repair area) food was really good. Mario Mola is sponsored by Viva and visits fairly regularly.

Its also really well placed just outside Alcudia, easy striking distance of Sa Calobra, the lighthouse etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Training resorts Mallorca [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a winner!

Thanks!
Quote Reply