Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tubular - what am I missing? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
RichardL wrote:
Rocket_racing wrote:

Um... this is 2010 data. A lot has changed since the days of horse and buggy.

Doesn't mean the data is bad and no longer valid. It is still valid. The old Conti Supersonic is reportedly faster than the current version.

Do you have data to support that?

Yes for one those are old Supersonics pre-black chilli, they have had their design updated a few times since then. Remember also that is only RR, Those tires in front of those tires all have lips to from tread to casing which is NOT aero. The Supersonic does not.

Here is data circa 2015-2017 from Tom A who IMHO took over unofficially for Al Morrison. Supersonic was number two behind the new Corsa Speed Tubeless which also has a lip. The Supersonic in this test is actually my personal Supersonic. Anecdotally I had been promoting the Supersonics for years, they were just N+1 showing up so fast in my personal testing and I urged Tom A to test one but he didn't have one so I sent him a well worn one.

Here is Tom A's dataset

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular - what am I missing? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was under the impression that you were referring to a tubular supersonic. Tom’s data also seems to support clinchers as faster, but as with many data resources, tubular tires are infrequent:
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular - what am I missing? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also when you change a Tubular you have a completely new tyre.
So you do not have to worry about debris being left in the tyre and giving you another puncture a short distance down the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular - what am I missing? [ayontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was your bond with Mastik Pro? this is what I rolled a tubular with, cured the wheel for a week, first ride out the tire slips, went back to Mastik One after. Luckily I only did one wheelset, stripping the glue from the wheel was easy though.
Last edited by: mike s: Feb 25, 19 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular - what am I missing? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't noticed any real difference between Mastick Pro and One.
I've only used it once, but that wheelset is still solidly glued after a season.

I did read that you cannot mix Pro with anything else.
Have to start with a clean rim/tire.
I don't know if there's any truth to that, but it can't hurt.

I've never rolled a tire using either Mastick.
I have rolled one with tape and one with lesser glue.
Luckily both at low speeds...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just more confused 😭
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are definitely some really nice tubular disc wheels out there at a good price. And considering you only run a disk a couple times a year I'm seriously considering a tubular real at least in the rear.
Quote Reply

Prev Next