Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin
Quote | Reply
A good friend of mine is looking for a high quality aero fit in Austin Texas. I would like to find someone with real wind tunnel or powermeter-based aero testing and who is willing to consider short cranks. He's in the range of 5'9" and 170lbs so likely aerodynamically compromised by standard cranks.
This guy has been doing triathlons since the 80s and is now in a fairly "mature" age group but still wants to give ever race his best shot.
Who do you recommend?
Cheers,
Jim
Last edited by: Bio_McGeek: Feb 22, 19 18:25
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if there's a wind tunnel in austin but definitely should have plenty of fitters.
There's also the canyon/slowtwitch roadshow in June I think in case he wants to be fitted to a Canyon.

Im sure someone will chime in with fitters.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tier one on the eastern seaboard, is Stu Waring of Parvilla Cycles just outside of Annapolis, Maryland. Multi dimensional analysis and true VO2 max testing onsite. A Southwest tix to BWI and a day with Stu and it will make a world of difference. Could not reccomend more highly. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend David Wenger with Durata Training. No wind tunnel, but he’s all about shorter cranks. I’ve had a lot of fittings over the last 18 years; his put me in my most comfortable position despite it ‘looking’ more aggressive than anything I’d ever tried, and after about 6 months with it, I had a 20-ish minute IM bike PR followed by another PR on the run.

I can’t remember the name of the shop where we met up, but it’s in south Austin.
Last edited by: triflorida: Feb 23, 19 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin [kelloggap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. If he decides to travel I have a network of windtunnel and velodrome fitters to choose from. Hoping to find someone right there in Austin.

kelloggap wrote:
Tier one on the eastern seaboard, is Stu Waring of Parvilla Cycles just outside of Annapolis, Maryland. Multi dimensional analysis and true VO2 max testing onsite. A Southwest tix to BWI and a day with Stu and it will make a world of difference. Could not reccomend more highly. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a Tri Fit in Austin [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you TriFlorida.

triflorida wrote:
I recommend David Wenger with Durata Training. No wind tunnel, but he’s all about shorter cranks. I’ve had a lot of fittings over the last 18 years; his put me in my most comfortable position despite it ‘looking’ more aggressive than anything I’d ever tried, and after about 6 months with it, I had a 20-ish minute IM bike PR followed by another PR on the run.
I can’t remember the name of the shop where we met up, but it’s in south Austin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this to the top, still looking for options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brant Speed: at Mellow Jonnys bike shop, he is state TT champion has been to the wind tunnel. He will get you comfy and aero.

Trent Nix: while in Dallas not Austin is worth the drive, he is here on this forum a lot. Will get you comfy and as aero as you can be he is spent time in tunnel looking at Athletes.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply