Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Really Struggling with a 1st World Problem. 95 depth or TriSpoke
Quote | Reply
As the title says. I cant make my mind up.

Help me pick, and explain your reasoning
HED H3 Plus, tubeless
Knight Composite, 95, latex tube (not tubeless)

For what it matters, I ride fairly fast, and will be racing it between 25-27mph for races.

Thoughts?

Side note, i have been trying to find the wind tunnel test between the H3Plus and the Jet 9 Plus to use as a comparison, but cant find it.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Really Struggling with a 1st World Problem. 95 depth or TriSpoke [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Hed Stinger 9, a Hed GT3 and used to have a Hed H3. I always gravitate back to the trispokes and find a 90 can be too deep for some races in more extreme weather and personally wouldn't own one as my sole race wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Really Struggling with a 1st World Problem. 95 depth or TriSpoke [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a H3, Jet 90 and Jet 60. I tend to use the 60 more and more. Then the 90, then the H3. In fact I haven't raced on the H3 since 2009, only bring it out to see if it's better with different tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Really Struggling with a 1st World Problem. 95 depth or TriSpoke [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would personally take the dependability of the tubeless rim than take risk with a tubed setup. Any aero gain is likely to be minor and you'll lose orders of magnitude more time if you get a flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Really Struggling with a 1st World Problem. 95 depth or TriSpoke [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That has been my thought exactly so far. I have had good luck in races with my tube set up, only one flat in a race. That being said, I had an almost flat, running tubeless last year, I heard the hiss, saw the sealant spray, and than nothing. It was sealed. Saved me at least 2 minutes.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I debated hard between an H3 Plus and Jet 9 Black when I bought my current set. I really wanted the H3 because of its sex appeal. If they had an H3 Black, I probably would have done it. But, I traded a few emails with a HED person, and the net is that the two are probably about the same performance, with maybe the Jet 9 Black edging it out. So, I got the 9.
Quote Reply