Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized vs Fizik shoes fit
Quote | Reply
Hi

My LBS do not have any pair of descent tri shoes

Look like the new Fizik are what i need (i'm still debating between the R1 and R3)... but i'm having a little bite of sizing anxiety.

My current pair of road shoes are Specialized (Torch 3, from my LBS) and they fit like a glove.

Looking at the sizing charts... look like both company are using the same foot length.

Does any anyone know if both company fit similarly?

Also, according the to Fizik marketing material... the R1 is a tri shoe that fit like a road shoe... !?!?
(do i really get that if i spend $400)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized vs Fizik shoes fit [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fizik run about a half size bigger than specialized. I have a 46 spec and wear a 45.5 fizik r3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Fizik’s really are true to the size or even slightly larger. I run in 40 or 40,5 runningshoes and have the Fizk’s in 40 without a little room to spare.

The R1 is very similar to their R1 knited bike shoe just with a loop. But the R3 is absolute a great shoe, we sell them a lot. Maybe the thing that could be changed is the location of the cleat botks. I would like them placed a little further back, but further a really great shoe. Very solid feel, like a road shoe but with quicker entry due to the velcro strap.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized vs Fizik shoes fit [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to like the R3 but for me, the position of a seam over the joint of my little toe, and of the nearby boa, was terribly uncomfortable. I have this issue in loads of running shoes, too. Why do so many want to put a seam or shoe reinforcement right there?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized vs Fizik shoes fit [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I wanted to like the R3 but for me, the position of a seam over the joint of my little toe, and of the nearby boa, was terribly uncomfortable. I have this issue in loads of running shoes, too. Why do so many want to put a seam or shoe reinforcement right there?

I know exactly what you mean, this was my feeling as well, although forme it is not terribly uncomfortable, but most customers don’t complain at all about it. So far just 1. That said, cleats cannot go far enough back for me so i stay with my lake’s.

Jeroem

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Echo'ing others here -- I size down a half size. I'm a 47 in Specialized and own the R4B in 46.5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for your advices!!!
Quote Reply