Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. See my first post. He kept saying marriott, so.

Silly discussion really. Wtf would anyone visit chicago in feb for pleasure. May-june, fine; sept-oct fine, if the cubs r doing well.

Otherwise, forget it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
shoff14 wrote:
Ecco the others about staying north of the river. East of the river around McCormick place northward isn't too bad either.

If you can find a hotel close to the metro, I would just jump on the metro to the United Center.

What the fuck is the "metro?"

Only you Chicagians think the L is a cool name for the metro or train or subway, you know the names that the rest of the world calls such system.
Quote Reply
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [jw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jw13 wrote:

Silly discussion really. Wtf would anyone visit chicago in feb for pleasure.

Did you miss the part about the NBA All-Star game?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
windywave wrote:
jharris wrote:
If you don’t mind driving and you want to stay near O’Hare, the Rosemont Marriott Suites is a stellar property. One of my all time favorite hotels.

Why the hell would you stay out there with a kid?

Get away from the city and relax. Close enough to city when you want to be in the city. Since it’s a suite, kid can sleep on the couch and you still have a bedroom. Kids and adults each have a tv. They have a pool.

Price is generally about $125 a night which is great for what you get.

And your first choice was the Ritz? Really? How much is that? Which is exactly why I suggest this place with a kid. I have twins and know the drill when traveling with kids.

My son will be 14 (almost 15) next February so it's not like I'm traveling with toddlers. I have Platinum Premier Elite status with Marriott and a bunch of points. Hence wanting a Marriott property. The Ritz isn't cheap but it's not totally outlandish. That stated, I don't know how much price gouging might go on for that weekend. Reservations won't be available until 11 months out.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
windywave wrote:
shoff14 wrote:
Ecco the others about staying north of the river. East of the river around McCormick place northward isn't too bad either.

If you can find a hotel close to the metro, I would just jump on the metro to the United Center.

What the fuck is the "metro?"

Only you Chicagians think the L is a cool name for the metro or train or subway, you know the names that the rest of the world calls such system.

BART in SF, TUBE in London, T in Boston. YOU'RE AN INSUFFERABLE IGNORANT DOUCHE, wherever you live.
Quote Reply
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
jharris wrote:
windywave wrote:
jharris wrote:
If you don’t mind driving and you want to stay near O’Hare, the Rosemont Marriott Suites is a stellar property. One of my all time favorite hotels.

Why the hell would you stay out there with a kid?

Get away from the city and relax. Close enough to city when you want to be in the city. Since it’s a suite, kid can sleep on the couch and you still have a bedroom. Kids and adults each have a tv. They have a pool.

Price is generally about $125 a night which is great for what you get.

And your first choice was the Ritz? Really? How much is that? Which is exactly why I suggest this place with a kid. I have twins and know the drill when traveling with kids.

My son will be 14 (almost 15) next February so it's not like I'm traveling with toddlers. I have Platinum Premier Elite status with Marriott and a bunch of points. Hence wanting a Marriott property. The Ritz isn't cheap but it's not totally outlandish. That stated, I don't know how much price gouging might go on for that weekend. Reservations won't be available until 11 months out.

If they get stupid expensive I can suggest other areas for hotels not in Rosemont (still befuddled by that)

Also if you want places to eat or things to do with the boy easily provided
Quote Reply
Re: Question to Chicago area folks [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw and I applaud the good intentions and thoughtfulness of your plan. No doubt it will be much appreciated. I’m also sure you’ll have a great time, once you thaw out.

For me, I lived there way too long to go back in mid-winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done the drake for NY

I'm cheap. Family always stayed at hawthorn terrace.......

Then again, I only ever did breakfast at sathers, wishbone or mostly the bagel.....

Coffee at intellengtisia..........
Quote Reply

Prev Next