Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Importing drugs from Canada!
Quote | Reply
Not the illegal kind, the legal ones. Everyone knows that Canada has cheaper prices on all the drugs, why shouldn't we take advantage.

Did I forget to mention the whole State of Florida is going to do it?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/article226530805.html

If the drugs are cheaper and it's legal, I can't see why we shouldn't do it. I used to get my drugs from Blue Sky Drugs, a company in Canada that sends drugs to America. The prices were dramatically cheaper. I have since changed insurance and meds are less money, but I would still be doing it if I needed to.

So now the whole state will be doing it. Maybe big pharma will take a hint.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Importing drugs from Canada! [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've often wondered about the legitimacy of Canadian Pharms. If it's shown that the quality of drug equals what we can get in the US sign me up.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Importing drugs from Canada! [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I've often wondered about the legitimacy of Canadian Pharms. If it's shown that the quality of drug equals what we can get in the US sign me up.

Nah those drugs will kill you. Just look at how many Canadians are dropping dead every day from our shitty drugs.

Stay away.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

When I worked for the Dr office the insurance was crappy and I got a lot of my meds from Canada. Same dose, same drug, way cheaper.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Hmmm,

Insulin is 10X more in the U.S. than Canada (300 vs 32$ per vial), to the point where some people in the states are starting to home brew.

What could go wrong?

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/blog/the-soaring-cost-of-insulin-1.4995290

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure I understand what the issue is? Are we saying private companies should not have the right to charge what they want?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   This should get interesting. PHrMA has so much influence in congress that what looks like common sense measures can't get passed, so the state by state method may work, but I think there will be retaliation from both PHrMA and congress at some point, as profits, and political donations, are threatened. This is one that we can see if Trump will back in full-throated way.
Quote Reply
Re: Importing drugs from Canada! [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Not sure I understand what the issue is? Are we saying private companies should not have the right to charge what they want?

I guess you don't take any medications or don't have any family that does.

I'm all for profit and I understand the R&D compensation for some drugs, but insulin? The R&D was done a hundred years ago and big pharma just keeps raising prices.

As long as they can rip off the sick and elderly off, then the public, and government should have the option of going elsewhere to get the drugs. If it's cheaper in Canada, then that's where we go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just gift Florida to Canada, or add it to the $1T deal for Montana ( or was it Wyoming? )...

Canada get all the old folks, the old folks get cheap prescription drugs and socialized medicine, and Canada gets Trump / Mar a Lago part time which justifies all the TDSers.

Canada can put them somewhere in the middle with the moose and squirrels.
Quote Reply
Re: Importing drugs from Canada! [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Why not just gift Florida to Canada, or add it to the $1T deal for Montana ( or was it Wyoming? )...

Canada get all the old folks, the old folks get cheap prescription drugs and socialized medicine, and Canada gets Trump / Mar a Lago part time which justifies all the TDSers.

Sounds good to me. I get all the benefits of living in Florida and my healthcare is paid for? I'm in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I guess you don't take any medications or don't have any family that does.

I'm all for profit and I understand the R&D compensation for some drugs, but insulin? The R&D was done a hundred years ago and big pharma just keeps raising prices.

As long as they can rip off the sick and elderly off, then the public, and government should have the option of going elsewhere to get the drugs. If it's cheaper in Canada, then that's where we go.

Watch the third episode of Dirty Money on netflix, this is old news went all the way to congressional hearings, and in the end the feds did nothing. Pharm's are private companies and get set whatever price they want.

Only way to change this is for the feds to get into healthcare and pharm's. Hasn't happened yet, dont expect it to happen anytime soon. The trips to Canada for cheap drugs is not some new things, folks around here have headed over the boarder for cheap drugs for at least a decade if not more.

Yup its called free market, like I said this is nothing new, Senior centers use to have monthly bus trips across the boarder for drugs.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my rheumatologist prescribed me colchicine he handed me the information for the Canadian pharmacy to get it from. $4 vs. $110. But I am sure I am betraying the US health care system by not pumping money into new drug research. Oh wait, Takeda Pharmaceutical is Asian and they are taking their extra $1.2B and going home.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchasing from a reputable Canadian Pharmacy can save a ton of money. It's the only way that I'll fill my scripts. I would think U.S. prices for pharma are a major contributor to the overall high cost of health care. I like the idea of free markets but it's too damn bad that without some sort of regulations greed seems to win out all too often in how companies operate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Sounds good to me. I get all the benefits of living in Florida and my healthcare is paid for? I'm in.

Eff that. We don't want it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now Florida is joining in

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any large scale importation would be stopped fairly quickly by the Canadians. Why. US drug companies will simply ration the amount they ship to Canada. You cannot force companies to sell.

There are several reasons why drugs are more expensive in the US. Profit is a big reason, but US regulations are just as big. Someone has to pay for US bureaucracy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only way to change this is for the feds to get into healthcare and pharm's.

Actually, getting out of healthcare would help. I'm going to give a real world example.

Let's say you are a drug company that makes a drug approved in Canada, US, and Europe.

You have a printer that prints the label. You decide I need another printer in case the current one breaks or orders take off. You order the exact same printer as the one currently used. Do all the internal testing to get the printer working. And you start using it. Pretty simple. Now you can sell the drug that uses this printer in Canada and Europe. Not the US. You get to put together all your data. Send it to the FDA. Pay the FDA filing Fee. And wait 30 days for their response. If they have any questions. You get to respond, and wait. This is a pretty simple example that most often will be resolved in 30 days. There are hundreds of examples like this. All of these little regulations add up and cost money.
Quote Reply