Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I wanna text my mother!
Quote | Reply
But she's been dead for 25 years.

Not sure why I'm missing her today, it's not her birthday, she died in June...

I guess all the bad news lately has me nostalgic.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why text? I'd probably want to sit next to the person and talk.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your post is heartwarming.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was texting a bunch of people at the same time and was thinking it would be great to be texting my mother too.

Of course I'd love to sit and talk with her, but I just thought adding her to the group would be cool.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Your post is heartwarming.

Now I'm teary eyed.

Why is it that you always think of questions to ask after it's too late? I have so many questions I want to ask her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. My father passed away in '91 when I was 20. My grandmother (his mother) just passed on the 8th of this month, It was tough not being able talk with him. I find myself the older I get the more I wish he were around to talk to.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So text her. Just for fun.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
So text her. Just for fun.

This thread is my text to her. Just my little reminder of my mom.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time I go back home I go to the cemetery and sit and talk to my mom. She's been gone since 2007 but was gone long before that due to her disease. I still think of her most days and as I write this I still tear up thinking of her. I'm still very close with my dad but there's just something about your mom not seeing you succeed in life. It crushes me that she's not here to hold her great grandson and see how her grandkids have turned out.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see my mom three times a week but her dementia is so far along she doesn’t speak anymore. I wish we could talk or text or anything.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I see my mom three times a week but her dementia is so far along she doesn’t speak anymore. I wish we could talk or text or anything.

:(

Give her a hug for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for he reminder. I just called my 80 yo Mom and made plans for lunch this week.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [Ringmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:
Thanks for he reminder. I just called my 80 yo Mom and made plans for lunch this week.
You are very fortunate.

Quote | Reply
Wow, this has to be the most beautiful thread I've ever seen in this place. Thank you all! My Mom has been gone for 8 years and my Dad for going on 30 years. Still miss and think of them nearly daily. Sure wish they could have seen how well their grand kids turned out and how beautiful and wonderful their two little grand daughters are, (with another grand baby on due in May). I like to believe that in some fashion they do see.
Quote Reply
Re: I wanna text my mother! [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:
You are very fortunate.

I know. Free lunch!

And yes, I'm fortunate to have both my parents alive, healthy, and 40 min away. I speak with them often and they've been a big part of my kids lives.
Quote Reply