Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome bike. I don't think I've seen a Dash post/saddle combo in the wild yet. Clearly a couple of choices made with weight in mind on that thing, do we know how much it weighs?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great feature. Weird use of the lower storage area. I think the Dimond Marquise is my favorite frame out there. They look so clean instead of the normal yard sale hanging off of bikes set up for race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a Velcro strap hanging off the back of his arm pads to keep him “buckled in”?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's kind of what I thought. Not similar, but it reminds me of when TJ was running arm pads that I'm pretty sure were soccer shin guards ~10 years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butyl-tubed tubulars? Dude, hand in your Slowtwitch card.

Other than that, absolutely perfect.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now like what Revolver makes with their cups which have a back support. Let’s you really lock it. Though I’m a bit weary of getting my elbow slightly stuck if I suddenly need to grab some brake.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a mantis position this is obviously desirable but with less-tilted bars I sometimes like to shift the positition of my forearms in the cups a little.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is what I think along those lines. Not buckled in, but supported
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I didn't even realise that Herbert had started a thread after featuring my bike until a few weeks after the fact so made no comment but now I have something to add so feel free to ask anything... So recently with Look bringing out new bars and with the pros putting speed bars on their bike I really wanted a set especially going mantis like I have but I was not keen to pay 3000 Euro or wait as long as the process took. So what to do? I did a google search of carbon businesses in my vicinity of Melbourne Australia but didn't really see anyone that seemed would be a good fit. I did some more thinking and came up with Graeme Pearson a bike (actually makes a beam bike) and carbon enthusiast across the ditch in New Zealand so I looked up his website and made contact. We had a chat and I sent him some links to what I was after and he seemed keen. Funny enough I found he even copped a mention on one of the slowtwitch articles I had sent him after the fact.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Fix_These__7226.html

I sent him some pics of my current set up and a set of Pro Missile extensions with pads spaced to where they needed to mount and the magic number of the bars are to be at 32 degrees which was what my cups were angled at in relation to the base bar. I few more two and fro emails and next minute what looked like a space shuttle replica was made, painted and in the post back to me in under two weeks and well under a quarter of the price of a set of Speedbars.

I got some stick on neoprene from Ebay to put on the bay and they mounted super easy. In the last week and a half I have put over 600km on them and they are awesome. I had them made slightly longer and I can position my weight placing it on the bar not having to tense at all to generate power as I did before so at the end of a long ride the base of my neck and across the top of my shoulders is certainly a lot more relaxed. Most of all I think they look super cool...

http://pearsonbikes.com/

Sorry Tinypic doesn't seem to let me rotate photos even after saving and is uploading it in it's original orientation as it was taken???

Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you were disappointed I never painted the Specialized bottle cage but hopefully you are happy with the Supacaz I found?
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was a boy growing up in NZ I lived in the same city as Graeme and my dad was/is heavily into cycling. I remember going around to his house on numerous occasions and seeing him building frames from scratch etc, even at that stage for some future Olympians etc.
He will definitely have a market for these types of extensions I think, especially given the insane pricing of the competition!
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with the Dimond Marquise of Shambolic [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He seemed excited to start with as it was something different and said he enjoyed creating something new and more aero for a client. People should hit him up as I forgot to add not that it was even a thought or that I have ever weighed my bike but he weighed the extensions I sent him and what he created was almost 200g lighter and is a lot more solid which I'm more excited by...
Quote Reply