Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous)
Quote | Reply
TR on iMac with Ant+ stick. Erg mode controlled by Cycleops Hammer. Power reading from PT P1 pedals. HR from TICKRX.

Zwift on MacBook Pro with BT. No control. Power reading from Hammer. HR from TICKRX.

Wanted to do an erg workout in TR but have Zwift going for the mileage and something to look at. Started riding and erg mode didn't seem to be working in TR. It was just reading my power output. Didn't have time to fiddle around so just cut Zwift out and ran everything ANT+ in TR.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I usually launch TR first on bluetooth (I have the Hammer as well and make sure it's awake) and then launch TR on my PC with Ant+ (and for some reason I always have to deselect the controllable part of the hammer). I never seem to have any problems that way. I have experienced what you describe but can't recall what I did to create that scenario. Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [347CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always use Zwift on a laptop with ANT+ reading HR and power from my KICKR.

TR on my phone using BT, running the ERG.

works like a treat.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
I always use Zwift on a laptop with ANT+ reading HR and power from my KICKR.

TR on my phone using BT, running the ERG.

works like a treat.

Where is TR getting it's power from?

I think my issue is I can't have power coming from pedals and control coming from hammer in TR, while having power and cadence from hammer in Zwift. I just tried power/cadence/control from hammer in TR and power/cadence from pedals in Zwift (with no control) and that seems to get the erg to work in TR
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TR is getting power from the kickr via BT. Kickr provides zwift with power via ANT+.

I've been using this setup for about a year and it's been solid.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I do this I have TR on my phone Bluetooth connected to the tacx neo and use erg. Then I have zwift on appletv reading my quarq via Bluetooth. Works great.

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
When I do this I have TR on my phone Bluetooth connected to the tacx neo and use erg. Then I have zwift on appletv reading my quarq via Bluetooth. Works great.

I was hoping I could have my pedals provide power to TR while hammer controls erg and then have power from hammer in Zwift but I guess the hammer can only transmit to one device at a time. My pedals and hammer are a bit off so if I use power from hammer for TR workouts, it’s not going to be perfectly accurate to my pedal readings which is what I’ll have outside.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My power is off too, I just adjust the % in TR until my quarq in zwift is showing I’m hitting the correct interval power, then I save the zwift file at the end and discard the TR file.

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have power meter and are you using powermatch?

Make sure that your trainer is not connected to zwift. What you want is zwift to connect only to your power meter if you have it. If you don’t, make sure zwift is reading power from trainer by unpair your trainer from “controllable”. Sometimes zwift and TR are fighting over controlling your trainer. You just want TR to control it.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do the same thing on my MacBook Pro circa 2013. I open TR first with my ant stick plugged in, and get everything connected (kickr, heart rate, and PowerTap pedals). Then I load zwift and open the companion app on my phone. I connect my phone’s BT to my kickr to read the power. I make sure that when zwift is open I select only read the power and don’t let it control the power on my kickr. When zwift opens it auto selects to control the power- I just deselect that as an option. Never had an issue with it.

Make sure you have the appropriate connections in TR and in zwift.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Do you have power meter and are you using powermatch?

Make sure that your trainer is not connected to zwift. What you want is zwift to connect only to your power meter if you have it. If you don’t, make sure zwift is reading power from trainer by unpair your trainer from “controllable”. Sometimes zwift and TR are fighting over controlling your trainer. You just want TR to control it.

Yes and yes. The thing is, I want the hammer to control erg in TR, but have power meter providing power in TR (so it’s the same inside and out) and then have hammer giving power to Zwift with no control.

It doesn’t seem like the hammer can transmit some data to TR and some to Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
I do the same thing on my MacBook Pro circa 2013. I open TR first with my ant stick plugged in, and get everything connected (kickr, heart rate, and PowerTap pedals). Then I load zwift and open the companion app on my phone. I connect my phone’s BT to my kickr to read the power. I make sure that when zwift is open I select only read the power and don’t let it control the power on my kickr. When zwift opens it auto selects to control the power- I just deselect that as an option. Never had an issue with it.

Make sure you have the appropriate connections in TR and in zwift.


Hmmm...sounds like maybe the kickr can transmit some data over ant+ and some over bt at the same time while the hammer cannot.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran this mornings workout as follows...

TR on iMac with ANT+ and Hammer providing control in erg mode, power and cadence. TICKRX giving HR.

MacBook Pro with BT and P1 pedals providing power and cadence. TICKRX giving HR.

I didn't like it like this. My FTP is set from a test with the pedals but with the Hammer giving power in the TR workout, it was reading high and I wasn't getting the full benefit of the workout.

I didn't have time to try it, but after some research it looks like I can run iMac with ANT+ and Hammer control with P1 powermatch and then MacBook Pro with BT and have the pedals also provide power and cadence.

So I'm guessing Hammer can't transmit over ANT+ and BT simultaneously, but the P1 pedals can. Anyone know for sure?
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can. Use TR via Ant+ and Zwift on AppleTV4k via BT.
Quote Reply
Re: What did I do wrong? (zwift & TR simultaneous) [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2lazy2tri wrote:
They can. Use TR via Ant+ and Zwift on AppleTV4k via BT.

Awesome, thanks! This will make training so much better!
Quote Reply