Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Makes the case for voter ID laws and in person voting.....

My son serving in Iraq doesn't think the military is willing to fly him home so that he can show his ID to vote.

He could vote in person in Iraq.

What a surprise that you made an incorrect statement about something you have no experience with or knowledge of.

http://www.voicesfortroops.org/...s_and_Realities.html

Myth: I can vote in person at a local embassy/consulate or on a military installation.
Reality: You cannot vote in person at a local embassy, consulate or on a military installation. U.S. elections are run at the State level and citizens must communicate directly with their election official to register, request a ballot and vote. Voting Assistance is available at most embassies and consulates and in all military units to help in the completion of necessary forms. Be sure to account for submission and mail delivery time to ensure your forms are received by the State deadline.

And that can be changed.

Yes, but .. "He could vote in person in Iraq" is not the same as "He could vote in person in Iraq IF we changed the federal, state and local voting laws to allow it". So your stand alone statement is still false. Your now conditional statement doesn't consider "how" you accomplish that since soldiers come from every state and every locale. Just how would they vote "in person" in their local election? Would every city, county and school district have to make their ballots available to every soldier spread across the world?

You would have almost as many different ballots as you have soldiers. Not a logistical nightmare at all.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
len wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
FWIW, both republicans and democrats in NC have used this guy in the past. And none of them would comment, obviously, about the investigation.

There's a place for mail in ballots for folks really needing it that are in nursing homes or are disabled veterans. Sure, not for lazy folks. But still, c'mon. Go beat that drum elsewhere. This was a case of elections officials and candidates defrauding the system, not the people voting.

I don't have any problem with those folks getting absentee ballots. Around here lots of polling stations are in nursing homes to help those folks vote. Although half the folks in a nursing home likely don't know what day it is. But the trend is to extend it to everyone so voting is as convenient as ordering something on amazon.

Why shouldn't it be at least as convenient? For some reason, there is one group that tries to throw up as many roadblocks to voting as possible.

I wonder what a Justice like John Roberts thinks about his vote on Shelby County v. Holder (eliminated federal oversight of southern state election law changes) now, given what's gone on in the states affected by it.
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
len wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Agreed. If people think it is so inconvenient to vote that they cannot even bother to show up at the polls..... Or can't be bothered to have ID. I could have voted for my son and daughter in last election because they sent online id forms to my house.

i would agree . . but, i think the flipside of this is that if voting is to be in person only, it's incumbent on governments to make it as easy as possible. so, days off for major elections, transit to polling places, stuff like that. voting (legally) should be totally frictionless for as many people as possible.

Sorry, the GOP says that making election day a holiday so people have time to get to the polls a democrat power grab and racist. Elections should be impossible to get to unless you are an old rich white lady
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
len wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Agreed. If people think it is so inconvenient to vote that they cannot even bother to show up at the polls..... Or can't be bothered to have ID. I could have voted for my son and daughter in last election because they sent online id forms to my house.

i would agree . . but, i think the flipside of this is that if voting is to be in person only, it's incumbent on governments to make it as easy as possible. so, days off for major elections, transit to polling places, stuff like that. voting (legally) should be totally frictionless for as many people as possible.

Sorry, the GOP says that making election day a holiday so people have time to get to the polls a democrat power grab and racist. Elections should be impossible to get to unless you are an old rich white lady

Really? Who said that?
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
len wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Really? Who said that?

McConnell

https://amp.usatoday.com/story/2728121002
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/us/politics/election-day-holiday-mcconnell.html
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/01/30/mitchell-mcconnell-calls-bill-for-election-day-holiday-a-power-grab/

Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Well, if we made in person with ID voting into the law of the land don’t you think accommodations would be made for deployed military folks?

I figured that would go without saying.

I guess some people need it spelled out for them...

That's some pretty convoluted answer to not have to say 'ok, my bad, I was wrong'. Pretty typical.

Duffy admitting he was wrong? Nah. His go to in those situations is to move the goal posts, like he did above.
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
len wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Really? Who said that?

Mitchy boy.

https://www.usatoday.com/...-holiday/2728121002/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well thats fucked up. I am all for another paid day off!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Agreed. If people think it is so inconvenient to vote that they cannot even bother to show up at the polls..... Or can't be bothered to have ID. I could have voted for my son and daughter in last election because they sent online id forms to my house. "

As JPO said above, the issue isn't the ids (at least in his mind and in my mind), but the fact that when it is brought up, it is usually for the sole purpose of suppressing votes of the opposing party.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Last edited by: BarryP: Feb 19, 19 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
len wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
FWIW, both republicans and democrats in NC have used this guy in the past. And none of them would comment, obviously, about the investigation.

There's a place for mail in ballots for folks really needing it that are in nursing homes or are disabled veterans. Sure, not for lazy folks. But still, c'mon. Go beat that drum elsewhere. This was a case of elections officials and candidates defrauding the system, not the people voting.

I don't have any problem with those folks getting absentee ballots. Around here lots of polling stations are in nursing homes to help those folks vote. Although half the folks in a nursing home likely don't know what day it is. But the trend is to extend it to everyone so voting is as convenient as ordering something on amazon.

Why shouldn't it be at least as convenient? For some reason, there is one group that tries to throw up as many roadblocks to voting as possible.

I guess I just find it an indication of the sad state of the electorate. If 80 percent of people voted I wouldn't find it so discouraging a trend.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big day today, the Republican candidate's son, John Harris, testified that he warned his father before that he hired Dowless. He had noticed the weird absentee ballots associated with Dowless and told his father, Mark Harris, not to hire him because he was probably doing something illegal. Mark Harris hired Dowless anyway. Mark Harris has claimed that he had no idea Dowless would do anything illegal. Mark Harris did not know his son was testifying today and his son showed the emails where he warned his father.

https://www.newsobserver.com/...rticle226492265.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you feel the need to make voting inconvenient? Is there some other issue outside the concern of fraud? When I lived in CA, I got my ballot in the mail weeks in advance, filled it out in the comfort of my home and mailed it in. It was great, only thing better would be to fill it out online. Now that I moved, I have to leave work early or get home late, go find some library, or community center, wait in line, then fill in some ballot.

If I can securely order anything I want and have it sent to my house in this day and age, why do I have to use some outdated method of electing who I want? I'll do it either way, but why make it harder than it needs to be?
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Big day today, the Republican candidate's son, John Harris, testified that he warned his father before that he hired Dowless. He had noticed the weird absentee ballots associated with Dowless and told his father, Mark Harris, not to hire him because he was probably doing something illegal. Mark Harris hired Dowless anyway. Mark Harris has claimed that he had no idea Dowless would do anything illegal. Mark Harris did not know his son was testifying today and his son showed the emails where he warned his father.

https://www.newsobserver.com/...rticle226492265.html

Heard it on NPR this morning.

Ehhhllll Ohhhhh Ehhhlllllll. The son calling it out.

To me, the funniest part is that the guy pretty much came out and said something like "I won by enough ballots it wouldn't matter anyway". Uhm, no. I want prison. That's not how this works. You committed election fraud. If the woman in that other state went to prison for trying to cast her own bad ballots, this guy should too.
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good thing Harris wasn't elected, given that he would have had to step down now due to his "compromised health".
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, choosing to not run again and now his ballot stuffing fixer is officially indicted.

It's freaking amazing. All the GOP talk of election fraud from illegal voters, from illegal immigrants, give us voter ID, etc.........and it turns out they're caught red handed stuffing the ballot box themselves.

And, to boot, we've got a major investigation about the POTUS involvement in election fraud with Russians.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Yeah, choosing to not run again and now his ballot stuffing fixer is officially indicted.

It's freaking amazing. All the GOP talk of election fraud from illegal voters, from illegal immigrants, give us voter ID, etc.........and it turns out they're caught red handed stuffing the ballot box themselves.

And, to boot, we've got a major investigation about the POTUS involvement in election fraud with Russians.

It's like if we had a bunch of sanctimonious preachers railing against homosexuality, only to get busted for...homosexual encounters. Crazy, I know.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But at least he endorsed a good replacement.
http://nymag.com/...s-stony-rushing.html

This guy:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

one candidate got caught... I don't see major GOP people sticking up for them... do you? Maybe I missed it. She should be made an example of ...for sure. Big fine.. maybe a little jail time too and never be able to hold any public office for the rest of her life.

But don't kid yourself... illegals vote
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

one candidate got caught... I don't see major GOP people sticking up for them... do you? Maybe I missed it. She should be made an example of ...for sure. Big fine.. maybe a little jail time too and never be able to hold any public office for the rest of her life.

You'd have to be a fool to say that no illegals have ever voted. But I've never seen any credible evidence of them flipping an election and that is what the GOP candidate did in this case.

If I'm an illegal and vote, that is voter fraud. If a candidate creates a bunch of fraudulent votes like happened here, that is election fraud and WAY worse than some random illegal voting.

Come back when you have credible evidence of a scheme where enough illegals vote to flip an election.

https://www.newsobserver.com/...rticle226881249.html

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you comeback when you understand what I typed ?
Last edited by: spntrxi: Feb 27, 19 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Well we finally found some election fraud [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

For you:
GTFO with that Hillary crap. I'm assuming that's where you're going here. If not, you're going to have to explain your reply to the guy below and why you clearly wrote "she" and "her" here when the candidate and his ballot box stuffer were men.

What next, going to try to cry foul over Puerto Ricans voting in Florida?

Not for you:
Just freaking hopeless man. Hopeless. Everything is a conspiracy to the fringe members in the right. Everything.

After all the focus and investigating into illegals voting (which a few probably do), particularly by conservative states..........how many massive conspiracies have you uncovered? One lady jailed in one state IIRC?

The entire GOP voting strategy is to make the vote as hard as possible. Not just by legal means of protecting vote integrity, but through other means as well (closing polling locations, limiting early voting, making college students go home).

The GOP response to this is the definition of a "whataboutthem" with the whole illegal voter strawman. It's a strawman because we know limited numbers do it, shouldn't be doing it, and reasonable protections should be in place. But it always turns into another huge "conspiracy" which they use as a pretense to make it as hard as possible for folks to vote.
Quote Reply

Prev Next