Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How's my fit?
Quote | Reply
Evening all

I'd be grateful for some feedback on my position.
I'm training for my first IM having done some 70.3, oly and sprint distance all on a road bike.

The position feels pretty good, having just done a 4hr ride and numerous 3hr+ rides. Though I find that when out on the road, as opposed to the trainer, I get some shoulder blade pain.

Bike is a Planet X Exocet 2 (L), saddle is ISM Century and my cranks are 175mm.

Feel free to be brutal. Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/318062400
Quote Reply
Re: How's my fit? [robbieBDP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe saddle too low but good position in general
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why are your hands so high?

You're riding slack, slightly upright, and not very long... at least not long enough to require high hands. You're not taking advantage of the triathlon geometry of your bike and you're raising your hands which likely makes you slower without any of the benefits of doing that the proper way.

Ordinarily I like high hands, but you're not doing it right. This is a trend I'm seeing, where fitters or athletes put hands high without knowing the underlying reasons why, so you get positions that look like yours.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: How's my fit? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric.
So what would you recommend? A little more reach and drop my hands? What do you mean by 'slack'?

Quite new to this so excuse my ignorance.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slack = shallow seat angle.

ergo (and to put words in his mouth), bring the saddle forwards (and up), and as you do so also bring the elbows forwards and down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend rotating your entire photo by 10 degrees and reassess.

Where are you located?

robbieBDP wrote:
Thanks Eric.
So what would you recommend? A little more reach and drop my hands? What do you mean by 'slack'?

Quite new to this so excuse my ignorance.
Cheers

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: How's my fit? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matty, Eric. Thank you, I will try lengthening the front end and bring my saddle forward.

I'm located in Cornwall, UK. Pretty remote, so professional help is hard to come by, your feedback is really helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made some changes- longer stem and raised saddle and brought it forward. Thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/92mXD82
Last edited by: robbieBDP: Mar 5, 19 6:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imo your arms/ elbows are too far forward. vs the first effort, you have shifted forwards, which is better, but the elbows seem very extended. aim for a solid right angle between upper arm and body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robbieBDP wrote:
Made some changes- longer stem and raised saddle and brought it forward. Thoughts?
Buy some sunscreen...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now your seat looks too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually like your original, only I'd drop the hands some and also reduce reach a bit so that your upper arm is closer to upright (not a lot). Practice tucking your head (turtle and shrug).

I know nobody does it, but it's best to wear your helmet and race kit for videos.
Quote Reply
Re: How's my fit? [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bazilbrush wrote:
imo your arms/ elbows are too far forward. vs the first effort, you have shifted forwards, which is better, but the elbows seem very extended. aim for a solid right angle between upper arm and body.

Why? My testing has shown a good CdA improvement when stretching out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you sustain this?

robbieBDP wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/92mXD82

Quote Reply