Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flying with Bike on KLM
Quote | Reply
Anyone have recent experience flying with their bike on KLM? I was planning to fly KLM from Amsterdam to Geneva this summer to get down to the Alps to do La Marmotte but the KLM website says something about having to call 48 hours in advance of your flight to reserve room for your bike (which I am reading to mean to see if they have enough room for your bike). Obviously,I do not want to have to go through the fire drill of finding another way to get my bike down there a couple days before the event if they say the plane full. Thank in advance for any experiences and/or advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Flying with Bike on KLM [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used KLM twice - and like you was worried when I realised I had to phone up 48 hours before the flight to book on. Actually both times I have arrived at the Airport with my bike box and it was all sorted out. No dramas and the costs was about the same as other operators. Not sure why they do it this way, I don't think they are particularly bike friendly but they don't seem to discriminate against bikes either.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Flying with Bike on KLM [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s quite common, Lufthansa also insist on this, they claim they can only take a certain number of bikes per plane, so you have to book your ticket, then call them to see if it is possible to take a bike.
Quote Reply