Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump
Quote | Reply
Interesting episode.

To bad people still think this guy is a good businessman. To bad the Apprentice folks didn't get someone else to be the star.

The one thing I wish the show would have covered more, is how they decided and signed Trump to the show, and if there was discussions of other people. Its really amazing, one hit TV show and lots of spin can get you to the white house now.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Interesting episode.

To bad people still think this guy is a good businessman. To bad the Apprentice folks didn't get someone else to be the star.

The one thing I wish the show would have covered more, is how they decided and signed Trump to the show, and if there was discussions of other people. Its really amazing, one hit TV show and lots of spin can get you to the white house now.

For the sake of the USA and the entire world, I just hope that the orange haired wonder hasn't set a precedent, is only a one off failed experiment with populism and not a foreshadow of what yet is to come.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Interesting episode.

For the sake of the USA and the entire world, I just hope that the orange haired wonder hasn't set a precedent, is only a one off failed experiment with populism and not a foreshadow of what yet is to come.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Too bad people still think this guy is a good businessman. To bad the Apprentice folks didn't get someone else to be the star.

Trump is a great businessman! Just like Arnold Schwarzenegger was an elite commando. You know, coz' he acts like one.

AND - they share the same tag line! "Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay... (for that wall)"

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Feb 18, 19 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Interesting episode.

As much as I despise the orange cheeto, he is nowhere near the first populism experiment, nor will he be the last.
He's a cheap cars salesman who peddles bullshit, and somehow, a large portion of the population bought it. But you're giving him way too much credit thinking he's the first, or the last (unless he presses the red button...)
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
But you're giving him way too much credit thinking he's the first, or the last

You are right. There are loads of other populist turds out there (Duterte in Philippines, Duda in Poland, Orba in Hungary, Erdogan in Turkey).
The difference is that the USA is far bigger, richer, more powerful and more influential than all of them combined.
The Orange Cheeto took over a nation built to great heights doing his best to tear down the institutions, laws and principles that made it so great.

The populist governments in all these smaller places are not good, but as long as the massive players are stable (USA, EU, Japan) these smaller nations will pendulum back to normal at some point.
But if a massive entity like the USA swings too far away from a rule and law based liberal democracy - the whole world becomes unbalanced and tumbles into chaos.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix - Dirty Money -- Trump [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought your gif was a metaphor for the Bills.
Quote Reply