Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

I'll be racing Swedeman X-Tri next summer and since last season when I've raced Ironman Norway with more than 2000 meters elevation gain, I've been stuck with the impression that I would have done a better race if I have used my Canyon Endurace CF SL8.0 disc. At that time I couldn't find suitable aerobars for the H31 integrated cockpit so I haven't considered using it for that race.
Now at Canyon online store there is one aerobar from Profile Design available, but is for the H36 cockpit wich has a slightly longer "aero" section, I have asked customer service which said that the cockpits are different and the aerobar wouldn't fit. is there anyone Who have a clue about that? How can sucj similar cockpits be so different in shape? I wouldn't like to downgrade for normal bar and stems and neither spend more time buying the H36 cockpit whi is practically the same thing.

Link for the aerobarkit extension: https://www.canyon.com/...tegory=3204#id=65119
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [LucasScridelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From looking at the pictures on the canyon site the h31 seems almost round in cross section where as the h36 is much more airfoil shaped.
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [LucasScridelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turn down HOT FORUM TOPICS. turn down Bike Brand Owner Threads. there are 2 threads there that could help. 1 is specifically designed to help with fit issues. post there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip Dan, but I have checked the thread but there every question is about the Speedmax, I'm talking here about their roadbike, the Endurace CF SL 8.0 Disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [fb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I agree with you, but the place where the extension would sit is in the aerofoil part that both have, in the H36 is just longer.
The design of these integrated cockpits in roadbikes are really great, but it brings a new set of problems with integration...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LucasScridelli wrote:
Yes I agree with you, but the place where the extension would sit is in the aerofoil part that both have, in the H36 is just longer.
The design of these integrated cockpits in roadbikes are really great, but it brings a new set of problems with integration...

i've had many occasions to trade in my tri bike for a road bike on a particularly hilly course, and every time i've done so i've regretted it. i consider a course hilly if it's got 1000' of elevation gain per 10 miles. is this a 112mi race? if so, that's, what, 600', maybe 200 meters? over 10mi? i'd stick with tri bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike length is 205K, the region is in the border with Norway and it's the only real Ski place in Sweden and after the bike there will be 40K trail run with another 2000m elevation gain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LucasScridelli wrote:
The bike length is 205K, the region is in the border with Norway and it's the only real Ski place in Sweden and after the bike there will be 40K trail run with another 2000m elevation gain.

it's hilly. but i just don't think i'd do it on a road bike if i could do it on a tri bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LucasScridelli wrote:

Apple to apples conditions and the tri bike is still .5 - 1mph faster. or .8 - 1.6kph. What goes up must come down.
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
LucasScridelli wrote:

Apple to apples conditions and the tri bike is still .5 - 1mph faster. or .8 - 1.6kph. What goes up must come down.

Well, my Canyon Endurace is equipped with Ultegra hydraulic disk brakes that I can fully rely on them, plus the handling on downhill turns is top notch! While the TT bike requires much more care on downhills. Anyway, it's been a very though call. My TT kit is getting old and it's not the most modern one, it's a Planet X Exocet 2 full ultegra 6800 with Vision Team 30 wheels who are heavy and don't roll as I would like to.

Apart from that, I've been having such an amazing time riding the road bike since last May, that going back to TT kinda feels boring.
We all want to be fast, lean, equipment that is fit for purpose, but in the end I'm not Patrick Lange (even though sometimes I think I am) and I should remind myself of the reasons why I race which are: test limits, enjoy outdoors and take part on the Triathlon community. That's why also I chose Swedeman a 250 participants race, no luxury, no big brand involved, no buzz etc... just the freaking badass challenge in front of me waiting to peel off my skin hahaha.
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [fb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fb wrote:
From looking at the pictures on the canyon site the h31 seems almost round in cross section where as the h36 is much more airfoil shaped.
+1
One cockpit has a standard cross section, with more bar tape offering Increased ergonomical hand positions.

The aero cockpit has a different “aero” shape, which makes the bar longer/wider/more slender from back to front .
Last edited by: 2thetower: Feb 16, 19 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey did you find a solution? I really don’t want to change the cockpit to add bars, I think I spent enough money already!
Quote Reply
Re: Difference between Canyon integrated cockpits H31 vs H36 [Mexicocaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've contacted Canyon and there's no solution for the H31's only the H36 has a proper aerobar. I gave up on that and will ride my TT during the Swedeman, seems like a better option anyways...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a last update:

Done the Swedeman Xtri last Saturday and elevation was actually close to 2000m through the 205k course and I did it with a time trial and I wouldn't consider other option at all for this race, you guy were right about that!

Thanks for the comments and have a good one!
Lucas
Quote Reply