Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Current list of National Emergencies [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

2. Presided over the longest shutdown in history resulting in government workers having to take loans to pay their bills and many contractors losing their income over that period

Takes two to tango and Team Donkey wanted that dance.

The shut down started when the Republicans had control of the house, senate, and white house.

Also, this damaging shut down was to do something that trump has said, "he didn't have to do."

How do you figure? The shutdown took place at midnight on Dec 22, which was several hours after the 115th Congressional session ended.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Current list of National Emergencies [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
JSA wrote:
Not a supporter.

Holy shit that's almost as good as some of Trump's tweets.

Didn't vote for him. Have never defended his personal conduct. But, I'm not going to stop pointing out the fallacies spouted off by the LR Donkeys. There is enough to criticize him over. But, you Donkeys cannot help yourselves. You have to rail against all things Trump and spout off so many claims that simply are not so. Taking pleasure in pointing out your stupidity does not make me a supporter.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Current list of National Emergencies [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

2. Presided over the longest shutdown in history resulting in government workers having to take loans to pay their bills and many contractors losing their income over that period

The shut down started when the Republicans had control of the house, senate, and white house.

Also, this damaging shut down was to do something that trump has said, "he didn't have to do."

How do you figure? The shutdown took place at midnight on Dec 22, which was several hours after the 115th Congressional session ended.

Because the republicans in charge ended the session.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

Because logistically, the budget bill was not going to be completed until commencement of the 116th Congressional session. I find it ironic and humorous that you seem to be advocating for the 115th Congress, controlled by the GOP, to have rammed through the budget after an election in which the American people flipped the House to Team Donkey.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

Because logistically, the budget bill was not going to be completed until commencement of the 116th Congressional session. I find it ironic and humorous that you seem to be advocating for the 115th Congress, controlled by the GOP, to have rammed through the budget after an election in which the American people flipped the House to Team Donkey.

No, there were not logistics stopping the 115th congress from working towards a funding bill. They didn't have to leave. Republicans were still in charge on the 22nd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

No, there were not logistics stopping the 115th congress from working towards a funding bill. They didn't have to leave. Republicans were still in charge on the 22nd.

Pretty sure the Republicans would have needed a super majority in the Senate to pass the Budget which would have included funding for the wall.. which they didn't have. Not sure on that so do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Im too lazy to look it up.
Quote Reply
Re: Current list of National Emergencies [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

Pretty sure the Republicans would have needed a super majority in the Senate to pass the Budget which would have included funding for the wall.. which they didn't have. Not sure on that so do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Im too lazy to look it up.

The Senate passed a resolution to fund the government 100-0 in December. So obviously, there were able to figure out some compromise that could pass the Senate. It was basically what was passed this week (expect trump is getting a bit less for barriers now).

They would not have needed 60 votes to fund the wall. Notice they only needed a simple majority to pass the tax cut or to try and repeal obamacare. They had the option to use those vehicles to fund the border wall, but thought the tax cut was more important. The problem is that they probably would not have even gotten enough Republican votes to pass by simple majority in the Senate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is not true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

Correct. Being not true is what makes it not true.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

So are you saying that it is impossible for the house to work between December 22nd and January 2nd?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

So are you saying that it is impossible for the house to work between December 22nd and January 2nd?

No.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

No.

So Republicans could have done something, but just stayed home. Thanks, that is all I needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
chaparral wrote:
JSA wrote:
lbmxj560 wrote:

That's simply not true.

No.

So Republicans could have done something, but just stayed home. Thanks, that is all I needed.

No.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

No.

That is a very persuasive argument. No I know why you’re a lawyer. 😂

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Current list of National Emergencies [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:

No.

When your "opponent" is the one making the assertion and has failed to proffer a single piece of evidence in support of his contention, there is no need to work harder than necessary. Work smarter, not harder!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:

No.

When your "opponent" is the one making the assertion and has failed to proffer a single piece of evidence in support of his contention, there is no need to work harder than necessary. Work smarter, not harder!

I’m just screwing with you.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next