Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching those Zwift screens with him holding mid to upper 400 watts on his intervals makes me want to quit cycling and take up tiddlywinks.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He appears to be overworking himself still. (What the hell do I know anyway?). Time will tell....
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CALL ME CRAZY BUT IF HE DIDNT DO ALL THAT UNNECESSARY HARD KONA TRAINING 2 WEEKS PRE RACE HE WOULD HAVE DONE A LOT BETTER WITHOUT CHANGING A DAMN THING!! Nail the TAPER!
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still love to follow Lionel and Talbot is doing a great job with the videos.

I only have coaching experience from coaching myself for nearly ten years and doing all the mistakes and learing a lot. However, If I could change one thing in Lionels approach it would be to do most of the workouts at 90-95% and only rarely dig very deep in practice. Go to the darkest places too often and you will be too scared to go there when it counts.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Really impressed with the video production!! Well done!!

Yeah I have to agree. That pool shot was probably very hard to do without all the fancy equipment. Keep it up Talbot cox!

About LS: I have to be honest ! I find it very interesting. The guy is something else....do way he train... pain philosophy. Sometimes he reminds me of Rust Cohle ( Matthew McConaughey at HBO True Detective Season 1)

Off course Jan's approach is WAYYY more effective....but is it fun? No...

Triathletes usually take themselves to seriously. Sometime just going outside and having fun should be more important than watts, cadence...pace......

ps:hard winter in the Midwest - it could be the cabin fever talking!
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice that he was losing to "D. Trump" on the Zwift screen when he was in fourth place? I didn't know Donald Trump was a kick ass cyclist. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Anyone notice that he was losing to "D. Trump" on the Zwift screen when he was in fourth place? I didn't know Donald Trump was a kick ass cyclist. ;-)

Well it’s pretty common knowledge that Trump weighs 37kg...so that helps in zwift.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not video related but I didn't want to start a new Lionel thread...
Looks like he's going to be living in Oro Valley, which appears to be a suburb of Tuscon. We'll see if that means more outdoor riding/training with other pros down there.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggest issue for me was Talbot ordering a cappuccino at Tim Hortons. Donuts and Double Doubles - that is their sweet spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
...suburb of Tuscon.

ugh
Last edited by: jkhayc: Feb 18, 19 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
CALL ME CRAZY BUT IF HE DIDNT DO ALL THAT UNNECESSARY HARD KONA TRAINING 2 WEEKS PRE RACE HE WOULD HAVE DONE A LOT BETTER WITHOUT CHANGING A DAMN THING!! Nail the TAPER!

I got crapped on when I brought this up a couple months ago, but what the hell. I honestly believe he was in great shape for kona, and that his failure was quite simply due to the fact that he can't swim with the fastest group, and while he can normally close distance on some folks after the swim, trying to close a gap of 6 minutes on a large 'group' of the best triathletes in the world working together was too much.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can’t win the race on the swim, but you can lose the race on the swim.

SBRcanuck wrote:
thatzone wrote:

I got crapped on when I brought this up a couple months ago, but what the hell. I honestly believe he was in great shape for kona, and that his failure was quite simply due to the fact that he can't swim with the fastest group, and while he can normally close distance on some folks after the swim, trying to close a gap of 6 minutes on a large 'group' of the best triathletes in the world working together was too much.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
stevej wrote:
Are the gloves on the trainer really necessary?

Oh hells yeah. Those sweaty hands get slippery as f**k on the trainer.

Since the trainer vibration bypass the tires and are transmitted directly to the frame through the axle, I'm more prone to get a case of the "buzzy hands" riding the road bike on the trainer than outside.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next