Quote | Reply
https://drag2zero.co.uk/...rvelo-p5-storage-box

-Small/Medium Only
- $230ish/180GBP
-Meh, especially with the aftermarket parts available on this forum
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder why they are just now releasing this. The bike has been around for 6 years and I think they've had the Scott Plasma version around since at least 2017

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriFluid wrote:
https://drag2zero.co.uk/...rvelo-p5-storage-box

-Small/Medium Only
- $230ish/180GBP
-Meh, especially with the aftermarket parts available on this forum

Also pretty frustrating considering that Cervelo doesn’t name their P5 sizes as small/medium/large....

Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I'm assuming 48 XS, 51 S, 54 M, 56 L, 58 XL but unsure until they confirm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the 61 is an XXL?
I can't imagine they're feeling pressure to beat @yannb to the market but it is kind of odd timing...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting...very similar in concept to something I've been sketching up for an Elite Crono bottle on my NP2...except, I plan on moving the bottle as far down as possible in the triangle (i.e. below where it would normally mount) and then filling just the small area remaining behind it.

This version appears to actually move the bottle up the downtube (as compared to if the bottle was mounted directly to the bottle bolt inserts) to gain more room for the storage box. I'm not sure that's the right approach to take, at least for best combination of hydration/aerodynamics/storage.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, but that bottle sucks for hydration. i used mine once and never again
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
I wonder why they are just now releasing this. The bike has been around for 6 years and I think they've had the Scott Plasma version around since at least 2017

Bike is almost seven years old. Is there still mass demand for this?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

D2Z isn't about mass demand. It's about niche demand for those seeking every last optimization. Who else buys a $230 box? And the P5 is still very much on the short list of frames of interest to that niche crowd. Arguably #1 on the list.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must fit into this niche.

Current owner of a size 56 P5 frame, and after a dramatic refitting, and testing, I'm going with the same bike in a 51. Just didn't find a bike I liked a lot better, and, I found a once in a lifetime deal on a brand new frame and just move over my components including brakes and aerobar so by far the cheapest way to go for a bike that will fit my new coordinates.

This is interesting, and I already use this exact bottle and find that it works well for how I use it. (I only put my protein in it, which I consume with very small sips over the last 30km of the bike leg so it works perfectly). Very tempting, but yes, $100 too expensive for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked for sizes; "It will fit up to a 56cm frame" from D2Z on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote The GMAN

Bike is almost seven years old. Is there still mass demand for this?[/quote]

You'll be hard pressed to find a current bike that is faster. Same with the Scott Plamsa 3/Premium.

Borth those bikes kick most of the current bikes asses when it comes to aerodynamics.

I LOL everytime someone tells me they got rid of the Scott or P56 for something else. 95% of the time they made themselves slower. #suckers

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks nice. Any chance this fits on a P3 or is the triangle too dissimilar?
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im also interested in this. Any thoughts if it will work for a p3?
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
[quote The GMAN

You'll be hard pressed to find a current bike that is faster. Same with the Scott Plamsa 3/Premium.

Borth those bikes kick most of the current bikes asses when it comes to aerodynamics.

I LOL everytime someone tells me they got rid of the Scott or P56 for something else. 95% of the time they made themselves slower. #suckers[/quote]
And if you went from the Plasma 3 to 5 on average did you make yourself slower too ?
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:

Take it from me, as I’ve been working on the p3 bb box lately, the bb area is very different from the P5.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:

Wondering if they have been following the threads on here about the BB box i have been developing and people asking for bb box/water bottle combo.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure they would make more money lowering the price. The marginal cost of each unit must be very low and they would be selling much more.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

Take it from me, as I’ve been working on the p3 bb box lately, the bb area is very different from the P5.

Glad you are working on a solution. When do you estimate the box will be ready?
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I am sure they would make more money lowering the price. The marginal cost of each unit must be very low and they would be selling much more.

If they are 3d printing which they say they are, it's not a cheap process. Even if they have their own printer, which can cost at minimum $20k to $150k, they would have to sell a lot to recoup their cost.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [scmbtrek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scmbtrek wrote:
yannb wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

I've got the box design finished and fitted almost perfectly for the 54. Needing to adapt the boxes for the 51, 56, 58, unfortunately, the triangle is different enough between each size that it requires a different box.

I'm unfortunately away from home for the next 2 weeks with no access to bikes or 3d printers to work on the boxes. I expect to have them ready in about 3-4 weeks. I will have to jam on finishing them up when I get back.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
scmbtrek wrote:
yannb wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

I've got the box design finished and fitted almost perfectly for the 54. Needing to adapt the boxes for the 51, 56, 58, unfortunately, the triangle is different enough between each size that it requires a different box.

I'm unfortunately away from home for the next 2 weeks with no access to bikes or 3d printers to work on the boxes. I expect to have them ready in about 3-4 weeks. I will have to jam on finishing them up when I get back.

Yann

Looks great! Will be buying one in size 51 for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:

And if you went from the Plasma 3 to 5 on average did you make yourself slower too ?

I would guess it would depend on how you had the Plasma 3 set up. With a tririg front brake and good clean cabling when set up for short time trials there would probably be little difference.

I would think the Plasma 5 pushes ahead once storage solutions become part of the equation.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody tried the previous scott plasma on a P3 post 2014?
Quote Reply
Re: Drag2Zero Releases P5 Storage Box [super_6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean Plasma 3 against the newer P3?

I have a Plasma 3 and P5 which is similar to the newer P3, but haven't finished building the p5 yet to try. Also think it may be a bit big as I picked up a 54 and I am only around 172cm tall, but got it to better comply with British TT rules.
Quote Reply