Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably taking Ben & Jerry to bed.

Then will stock up on half-price candy and flowers for self on the 15th!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 13, 19 16:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I celebrated Valentine's Day by waking in the middle of the night to the sound of blaring alarms (which sounded disturbingly like the wails of the damned) telling me there was a flooding casualty two decks below me on the ship I'm riding in the Pacific. I got back to sleep, woke up again when reveille was sounded, picked up the random crap that had fallen out of my lockers while the ship rocked back and forth during the night, had crappy eggs and some sort of weird turkey sausage for breakfast in the mess, and then sat through a barrage of mind-numbingly boring meetings (one of which I get to repeat this evening). I built a set of briefing slides, and then rebuilt it 4 times because the boss changed his mind about what he wanted. Then I rebuilt it again because he changed his mind back to what was very close to the original. The laundry reported that it has lost one of my two sets of uniforms (it can't have gone far since we're isolated in the middle of the ocean). Highlight of the day was that I was able to slot in 30mins on the elliptical before getting some really sad prime rib-like substance for dinner back in the mess. The cooks really went all out for Valentine's day, and provided a smallish bowl of Hershey's Kisses on the table.

Last year, I made the mistake of attempting to engage in some romantical style activities on this ridiculous "holiday" with a she-devil of dubious moral character. Needless to say, I quickly recognized the error of my ways, admitted that I had a problem, sought help, couldn't find any because most everyone else are idiots, and now I'm back on my own, having freed myself from the creeping terror that awaited me if I had remained in the clutches of that harpy.

All in all, today was a reasonably decent Valentine's Day.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I celebrated Valentine's Day by waking in the middle of the night to the sound of blaring alarms (which sounded disturbingly like the wails of the damned) telling me there was a flooding casualty two decks below me on the ship I'm riding in the Pacific. I got back to sleep, woke up again when reveille was sounded, picked up the random crap that had fallen out of my lockers while the ship rocked back and forth during the night, had crappy eggs and some sort of weird turkey sausage for breakfast in the mess, and then sat through a barrage of mind-numbingly boring meetings (one of which I get to repeat this evening). I built a set of briefing slides, and then rebuilt it 4 times because the boss changed his mind about what he wanted. Then I rebuilt it again because he changed his mind back to what was very close to the original. The laundry reported that it has lost one of my two sets of uniforms (it can't have gone far since we're isolated in the middle of the ocean). Highlight of the day was that I was able to slot in 30mins on the elliptical before getting some really sad prime rib-like substance for dinner back in the mess. The cooks really went all out for Valentine's day, and provided a smallish bowl of Hershey's Kisses on the table.

Last year, I made the mistake of attempting to engage in some romantical style activities on this ridiculous "holiday" with a she-devil of dubious moral character. Needless to say, I quickly recognized the error of my ways, admitted that I had a problem, sought help, couldn't find any because most everyone else are idiots, and now I'm back on my own, having freed myself from the creeping terror that awaited me if I had remained in the clutches of that harpy.

All in all, today was a reasonably decent Valentine's Day.

HAHA. I miss your rants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last 3 years the GF and I have grabbed donuts and coffee before work and I'll join her at yoga tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to make dinner like most days and add some Trader Joe's level flowers and wine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been married for 30 years. Had no idea it was Valentine's day before I saw this thread. I'll just tell her the massage I gave her Sunday was celebrating early.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought fancy gummy candy for the kids/husband.

I got donuts for my office.
Quote Reply
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I give a new mop and a bucket.

When she’s done cleaning she gets a bag of nuts and stick of candy.

And how long would this stick be? Inquiry minds want to know Lol!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taa do... Pick up a margherita pizza from her favorite New York pizza place, pour her a nice frosty mug of Fat tire and order Dead pool 2 (she is a Ryan Reynolds fan).

Maybe I will cut a slice into a heart shape... maybe not that might be a little too cheesy :-)

I did throw a hard boiled egg into her lunch bag this morning and wrote on it with a sharpie- "Happy V-day!"
Quote Reply
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Taa do... Pick up a margherita pizza from her favorite New York pizza place, pour her a nice frosty mug of Fat tire and order Dead pool 2 (she is a Ryan Reynolds fan).

Maybe I will cut a slice into a heart shape... maybe not that might be a little too cheesy :-)

I did throw a hard boiled egg into her lunch bag this morning and wrote on it with a sharpie- "Happy V-day!"

I have friends that always get the heart shaped pizza from Boston Pizza for Valentine's day.
Quote Reply
Re: Valentine's Day: how do you celebrate? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Now, that is true love!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought her roses yesterday, gave them to her this morning. And some chocolates with a card.

She bought new Swedish goggles for me (extra dark tint for when we go on vacation in March), some chocolates, red twizzlers, and a card.

The kids got kinder eggs, and a card.

We're having Chinese for dinner tonight.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next