Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

EF Education puts their new Cannondales to good use
Quote | Reply
I just saw on Cyclingnews that EF Education squeaked out the win in the TTT. Looking at the photos they had everyone on the new aero bikes and they took equipment choice pretty seriously. I saw a fair number of teams riding regular bikes and some without much attention to aero details. QuickStep was second with everyone on Venges.

EF did bring Phinney and Craddock specifically for the TTT, but for a team that has hasn't excelled at time trialing for the last 5 or so years, it is a pretty good result. Especially given that QuickStep are not a slouch TTT team.
Quote Reply
Re: EF Education puts their new Cannondales to good use [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the same time, Astana picks the non-aero Gallium Pro over the aero nitrogen pro and gets 4th @ 22 seconds back.
Quote Reply
Re: EF Education puts their new Cannondales to good use [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Future TTT's should be interesting with TvG and Woods in the mix too. They should be like Cannondale circa 5 years ago when they could TTT really well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am super excited of this team and think the model could really be the way forward. We've been in the fold now for a few months and I can say that they have embraced both a newfound technical/marginal gains approach to things while simultaneously looking at the sport from a more holistic and fun sort of way, much of which isn't just about cycling. The riders are more excited to be here than any team I've worked with in quite a while, it just feels like something really cool is happening, not too different from how the early CSC days felt, and quite different from really all of the other modern teams.

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye on Danny Martinez. Kid has a very bright future.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: EF Education puts their new Cannondales to good use [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Future TTT's should be interesting with TvG and Woods in the mix too. They should be like Cannondale circa 5 years ago when they could TTT really well.

I have yet to see Woods put in a decent TT. I was hoping JV got him a TT bike for Xmas. I think TTs will be his stage race weakness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I have yet to see Woods put in a decent TT. I was hoping JV got him a TT bike for Xmas. I think TTs will be his stage race weakness.

That's a good point. I was thinking about his incredible aerobic engine, and not his actual results. Hopefully he's getting some tough love in the TT department.
Quote Reply
Re: EF Education puts their new Cannondales to good use [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Young Mr. Martinez is a future GC contender I think.

I will say that Whelan kid impressed the hell out of me in Australia too. Rode out of his skin for the team.
Quote Reply