Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WWYD? Slight frame damage and accountability
Quote | Reply
I bought my P3 from a LBS 2 years ago. After purchasing the bike/initial bike fit, I brought the bike in to have the seat lowered as I was getting hip pain from over extending. Since then, I have not adjusted my seat.

I brought my bike to a different LBS to have its first tune up since the purchase, and they brought to my attention damage to the frame due to the seat post hitting the frame and causing impact, and this LBS told me I was owed a new frame. They shared that although the installation of the seat post (i.e. cut to the angle that Cervelo requires) the seat post itself should have been cut further.

When I brought my bike to the original LBS, they said that they installed the seat post correctly and that the P3 is known to have slippage. They tried to get a warrantied frame from Cervelo, but they said they would not do it. The LBS said that because I hadn't been there in two years, the best they could offer is getting the carbon repaired.

Should I accept this? I did not bring my bike to the original LBS I purchased from because of poor customer service in the past when I had race wheels put on and they somehow managed to screw that up, as well as putting my chain on the wrong way. Little things that add up only because they never take accountability for any mistakes they make.

My question is do I accept the repair and move on? Or do I fight to get a new frame?
Quote Reply
Re: WWYD? Slight frame damage and accountability [triatl2019] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's everyone's word against everyone else's.

cervelo is definitely not going to warranty that serial number, and LBS #1 is probably not going to fork over a new frame on their dime.

how bad is the damage? has your post punched through the wheel well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubt you get anywhere with them-do you have a printout showing the seat height? If so you may be able to calculate if the seat has "slipped" or did they simply not cut the post enough, and the height happened to match the bottom out factor...either way, I think you are SOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you’re SOL. It’s not Cervelos fault based on what I’m reading. That’s not a warranty issue. At most it’s an Bike store issue, but given that it’s been 2 years and you haven’t had any issues the bike store is going to be hard pressed to do anything either. There is no proof from their perspective that they did anything wrong. It’s not like you got it rode it for a week and it cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triatl2019 wrote:
The LBS said that because I hadn't been there in two years, the best they could offer is getting the carbon repaired...

My question is do I accept the repair and move on? Or do I fight to get a new frame?

Move on. The offered a reasonable solution to the problem. You weren't intentionally harmed here.

And you've made the decision that really matters: taken your business elsewhere.
Quote Reply