Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get very few and don't answer phone numbers not in my phone book. Just curious if you post your number online anywhere etc.
Quote Reply
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread makes me hungry. Mmmmmm, Spam.

Oh, I only get a couple of spam calls per week.
Quote Reply
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding of the do not call list is that it applies to any and all unsolicited advertising, except for companies with which you already do business. Those companies can call you about your account or soliciting additional business, but the moment you ask them to take you off their internal do not call list they must comply and can then only call you if there’s an issue that they need to make you aware of or address (like a bank calling as a courtesy about suspicious card activity, etc.). The problem with these spam companies is they don’t care about the registry and it’s nearly impossible to report them for violating the registry since you cannot locate the actual business, its location, or a working number to contact them at, if they’re even located in the US. Some are overseas companies that spoof US phone numbers or are hired by scam US companies. I’ve been on the line with people in India who believe they’re working for legitimate US companies, which makes it even more infuriating to think it’s not just the call recipient being scammed. My understanding is there have been fines levied a few times, only for the scammer to reopen shop as a new entity.

My favorite scammer, however, is Bishop Manasseh Jordan, a protege of the great huckster Benny Hinn. The recorded “prophetic messages” are entertaining as hell and make me laugh every time. Those also consistently come from a different phone number.

MLCRISES wrote:
Almost zero on my cell.

Work is another story. 6 a day is not u usual. I’ve been told my google listing has expired, or something of this nature. I’ve noticed the caller ID changes. I’ve been told the telemarketers have gotten more sophisticate and the way the do not call registery works, when we block calls it is from any one number, not from one organization. Is this true?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get at least 10-12 per day on my cell phone. No home phone any longer.

I have no sympathy for telemarketers. I've added my phone number to the Do Not Call list and I still get the same calls over and over. They can rot in hell.
Quote Reply
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The people on the line who have “scam telemarketer” as their job are probably already rotting in Hell one call at a time. It’s the owners and managers profiting from the scams who can rot in hell.
Quote Reply
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
The people on the line who have “scam telemarketer” as their job are probably already rotting in Hell one call at a time. It’s the owners and managers profiting from the scams who can rot in hell.

This was my father.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few. I never answer numbers I don’t recognize. I figure if it’s important they will leave a message.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to get them every 10-15 minutes then I got an app (RoboKiller) and I hardly get any.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How many spam calls do you get a day? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once a week or so I got a call. It is in Chinese. I live in Vancouver, so that is not surprising. I just hang up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next