Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes wear the cheaper 3/4 quarter bibs a second time as last few months a lot of rides are barely an hour or not hard.

No issues with saddle sores.

But I'm sure I've read a few times that sweaty technical clothing should not be left around for days.

So if not being washed within a few hours bibs, tops etc are soaked in a bucket with a little fabric softener and washing powder till the next wash or sometimes just handwashed.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally my cycling gear gets washed after each use. They get very wet and sweaty. Hang dry.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just as the title states.

Generally I’ll wear my cycling kit two days in a row and then put it aside.

Icky
Last edited by: Scottxs: Feb 11, 19 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
After every wear. There's a ton of bacteria and grossness that hangs out in sweat-laden clothing that shouldn't be going back on your person.

THIS
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
I keep mine on and clean them as I strip down in the shower. This is pretty much just a rinse and a wring as I shower. The chamois does get soaped and then rinsed with a wring. Then I hang them to dry in the car until I get home. If they are still wet at home, I'll use a spin cycle followed by low heat dryer or hang dry.

Once a month, I do wash everything that's been worn in the last month with a soap for performance wear. Pretty happy with this routine.

Past mistakes made:

Not rinsing, wringing and hanging right away. That really brought the stink on.

Washing too much. Swimwear in particular comes apart at the seams when I wash it. My other gear can also suffer from too much machine washing.

This is my trick too. Have outdoor shower and everything is cleaned and hung up to dry outside before I even get into the house. with as much laundry as our family already does, this helps a bit cut down on wash loads.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I wash mine when they can stand up on their own.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Generally after each usage. But I’ve been known to throw in on dirty ones if I haven’t done laundry or I can’t find anything to wear.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every use, no exceptions.

You ever get to a group workout and BEFORE the workout starts, someone reeks? I'm guessing I know why now.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wash normal cycle with all of my other clothes paying no attention to water temp, detergent type, or inside out or outside in. Line dry almost always.

When my helmet gets particularly nasty I take it in the shower with me and wash the pads with Bar soap, then let it dry in the sun.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I wash mine when they can stand up on their own.

i only do this with my race socks .
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wear once and then chuck them in a rapidly growing pile on the laundry room floor. After a few days they all get thrown in the wash on a "Sports wash", whatever that means - you'll have to ask my wife. And then are are hung up to air dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
after every use. I just toss them in the washer so they don't stink up the hamper and they'll get washed whenever the next load gets run. and then hang dry. I don't run them on any special wash cycle. they get mixed in with all regular clothes. never had an issue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wash after every use and dry in the dryer on the low heat setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
You're talking about the garment that sits tight against my sweaty nuts for hours at a time, right? They get washed after every single wearing, even if it was just an easy 60 minute spin. Get yourself some cheap training bibs at the Performance going out of business sale or something, because what you're doing is a recipe for some nasty saddle sores down there that you'll attribute to a bad saddle or something.

X a bazillion!!!

DUDE: Never-Ever re-wear used athletic garments without a proper washing. Unless you've crashed while flying to a race and your stranded on a remote island or mountain top somewhere. And even then, find a stream and wash your stuff!!
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In training for my first IM I read a lot of articles about "are you ready for a IM?

They mention things life work/life balance, training time, nutrition, money, mental preparation, and so on. What none of them mentioned was the amount of laundry I would generate.
Quote Reply
Re: Informal Poll: How and How Often are you Washing your Tri/Cycling Kit? [Vaulter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta ask. Those that aren't washing after each use, are you wearing liners or something underneath?

The thought of wearing anything twice without washing it, even if it was only a 10 minute spin gives me the will willies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next