Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alpha X bar has some “play” when tightened on Felt IA
Quote | Reply
Bought a Felt IA 10 frameset last summer and when I installed my alpha X bar it has some play in it at the stem/steer tube interface. Everything is torqued to spec and I’ve got fiber grip on there. It’s like the opening in the stem is barely too large for the steer tube. Any suggestions? Skate deck tape as a thin shim?
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X bar has some “play” when tightened on Felt IA [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please shoot an email to support@tririg.com and we will be happy to troubleshoot. Any video you can send would be helpful.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha X bar has some “play” when tightened on Felt IA [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beer can shim. Mountain bikers have been doing it for years. Cut a slice as wide as you need from your favorite beverage can. Wrap as much as you need. Tighten everything up. Score and peal away the excess.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue. On mine, the compression ring wasn't seated correctly. Got that fixed. Then had issues with the dust cover. Couldn't use the one from tri-rig and had to use the one provided by Felt for use with standard type stems.
Quote Reply