Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finished a bit short on LTHR test - Advice needed, please
Quote | Reply
For a while, I have been using zones set by my max heart rate (184) and resting (55). Today, I attempted my first LTHR test. As I'm sure many have done on the first try, I didn't quite pace it correctly. I blew up after 15 minutes into the 20 minute segment. I know that I'm not going to get full accuracy from an incomplete test, but should I continue using my previous zones until I complete a full test? Should I make my LTHR the average of the 15 minute segment, and maybe drop it a couple of bpms? Should I go ahead and cut into the last 5 minutes of the 10 minute segment and use that with the last 15 minutes I was able to complete? If I do first option, my average is 175. If I grab 5 minutes from the 10 minute segment, average is 174, so those are pretty close. Again, I know there's not a perfect option. Just want the best option before I can do another. Here's a link to the test.

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/VMNFYIDY72AJVJVE77GWPPCEZA

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Last edited by: BrianMull: Feb 10, 19 15:08
Quote Reply
Re: Finished a bit short on LTHR test - Advice needed, please [BrianMull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, When I look at my zones using max heart rate vs my zones using LTHR (15 minutes of test), they are pretty similar in the aerobic area. Makes me feel a bit better about the situation.

Quote Reply