Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity
Quote | Reply
First, I'm not talking about first wives when I refer to "witches." I'm talking about the real-deal, "we-dunked-'em-in-water-at-the-Salem-witch-trials" kind of spell casters. What explains this rise? Is something missing from these kids' lives (and everyone here knows millennials are my favorite generational cohort, so I make no apologies about bringing them up)?

You'd think that if they'd been given a proper grounding in science and the actual, academically rigorous, liberal arts they wouldn't need traditional religion (like Christianity) or some sort of replacement religion, like witchcraft -- because that's all witchery is, is a replacement for genuflecting and making the sign of the cross and (supposedly) eating some god-like figure's body and drinking his blood. It just substitutes different totems and incantations and rites, obviously.

Number Of Witches Rises Dramatically Across U.S. As Millennials Reject Christianity.

Lastly; how do you note this stuff on a resume and what is a hiring manager supposed to do when he sees "On-Call Witch and Spell Caster" listed as a past job? Heh.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best guess I can make is that people, regardless of generation or culture, always look for meaning. With that said my generation does some weird, self-contradictory stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't make that much of a distinction between societal accepted religions and cultism. They're all make believe.
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I really don't make that much of a distinction between societal accepted religions and cultism. They're all make believe.

A religion is just a cult with bigger numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
The best guess I can make is that people, regardless of generation or culture, always look for meaning. With that said my generation does some weird, self-contradictory stuff.

Why do we suppose that any group we care to talk about is monolithic?

I highly doubt the same millennials that embrace science and a rationalistic view are the ones embracing witches and sorcery. Or at least there's very little overlap.
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Christianity is a personal relationship with God/Jesus, and life guided by the New Testament.

A church is a place for Christians to come together and share faith and praise God.

A religion is an organizational construct that attempts to control the above 2 statements with rules of man for membership, and effectually becomes the antithesis of the definition in statement 1.

ETA:
ThisIsIt wrote:
I highly doubt the same millennials that embrace science and a rationalistic view are the ones embracing witches and sorcery. Or at least there's very little overlap.
I would imagine that there are more millennial Christians that embrace science than those that practice sorcery.
Last edited by: ripple: Feb 11, 19 5:07
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to learn sorcery. I mean who wouldn't want to cast some spells or curse your enemies??
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

A religion is just a cult with bigger numbers.

My religion, your belief, his cult.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Number of Witches Rises Dramatically as Millennials Reject Christianity [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I would like to learn sorcery. I mean who wouldn't want to cast some spells or curse your enemies??

I know, right? I've tried and, so far, no luck. Heh.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply