Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Odd iPad->TV streaming question
Quote | Reply
Hooked up my iPad via the Lightning connector/HDMI adaptor. Mirroring starts, no problem. Start a Netflix video, HBO GO, fine. Launch ESPN, mirroring works. Click a video, and both the iPad and the TV go blank, and all I get is audio via the TV. Same on both TVs.

Is there something "special" about the ESPN app that kills the video streaming? Google-fu is failing me, and ESPN's chat function is not manned, it would seem.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Odd iPad->TV streaming question [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot offer a solution, but, I know this is an issue. I had problems doing what you describe, using my iPhone. I googled it and only found that it is an issue. My work-around was using my Apple TV plugged into the monitor and running the ESPN app on my Apple TV. That is the only way I have been able to get the ESPN app to "mirror" or "run" on a larger screen.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Odd iPad->TV streaming question [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HDCP issue with ESPN.

You need to stream it to something that is able to deal with it like Apple TV or something else (chromecast?)...

So if you have an Apple TV device then you’d airplay to the Apple TV.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply