Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dear ZwiftPower.com,
Quote | Reply
I enjoy your website very much and love how it weeds mostly weeds out bogus riders. I love that it's free!! That it allows me to see a ton of data on myself and my fellow riders. My only gripe is DQ'ing riders instead of simply bumping them up to the proper classification.

For example, my dear 15 year old son (now a Zwift addict) did a couple of races and was appropriately in the D classification cause his w/kg were between 2.1 and 2.5 range. Then he had a huge jump in fitness and did a short race where he jumped up to 3.0 w/kg. Due to prior history, he signed up for D. After the great performance kid's all pumped up and what does he get for it -- a DQ.

So why not just bump people up or down to the appropriate classification?

p.s. He had HR monitor, smart trainer, etc. Kid hit a Max HR of 207 on the sprint!
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you- in all that you've said-especially regarding a bump up in classification. No harm in doing that and the race stands. DQ's sit in a box with nothing at all to show for the race, and a bad taste in your mouth for an effort that usually exceeds prior ones.

Your boy, B, is going to be a beast and I do hope that this little bump doesn't dissuade him. And BTW, tell him welcome to 'the C category', young man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did Zwift have to say?
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Feb 9, 19 10:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know what race it was? Some races ZwiftPower will bump you up to the next Cat, some don’t. I think it’s up to the race organizer, not 100% on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

p.s. He had HR monitor, smart trainer, etc. Kid hit a Max HR of 207 on the sprint!

Man, serious props to your kid--that is so cool! Ultimately, DQ vs. bump is up to race organizers, not ZwiftPower. In my race--the Morning Grind Fondo--we just bump people.

Having said that, he just just race C now! It'll be a huge motivator and he'll get so much stronger catting up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the plus side he got DQ'd because he hit beast mode = bragging rights :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
I totally agree with you- in all that you've said-especially regarding a bump up in classification. No harm in doing that and the race stands. DQ's sit in a box with nothing at all to show for the race, and a bad taste in your mouth for an effort that usually exceeds prior ones.

Your boy, B, is going to be a beast and I do hope that this little bump doesn't dissuade him. And BTW, tell him welcome to 'the C category', young man!

Thanks for the support Dale!
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Zwift results for the race were fine. Except that lots of time there's some suspect performances in "Zwift Standings" , which is why we like http://www.ZwiftPower.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Man, serious props to your kid--that is so cool! Ultimately, DQ vs. bump is up to race organizers, not ZwiftPower. In my race--the Morning Grind Fondo--we just bump people.

Having said that, he just just race C now! It'll be a huge motivator and he'll get so much stronger catting up.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know it's up to the race organization, and ZwiftPower.com is just a platform.

I'm just going to have hime race C, even though on the longer, hour plus races he doesn't have the endurance yet and his power falls way off. But better to finish bottom of C than a DQ.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrierinKC wrote:

True. But he's 15 and his head will swell quickly, so I'm not gonna tell him that. Plus he's already quickly jumped to my race level. I can't have him beating me!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
TrierinKC wrote:

True. But he's 15 and his head will swell quickly, so I'm not gonna tell him that. Plus he's already quickly jumped to my race level. I can't have him beating me!!

oh, he will Bobby...but best to try to delay that for..........as....................long...............................as................................possible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know ST is the all knowing resource but this would get better ears on the various FB Zwift groups where the volunteers behind ZwiftPower.com can/will actually see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can actually post pretty much anything Zwift-related here and I make sure the right people see it...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dear ZwiftPower.com, [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a dq makes more sense than auto upgrade. If it’s auto-upgrade, there is no penalty for people to race the lower category when they are near the w/kg limit for that category. You can also argue it’s not fair to people in the higher category when someone is auto upgraded and show up in the results even though they were not really in the race.

As far as being disappointed with a dq after a good effort- it’s one race that basically says it’s time to move up to another category. If you got dq’d, you violated the rules of the race that are clearly stated. If you think you might be close and don’t like the idea of a dq, just race the higher cat. Even with a dq, You can still review your power numbers and you can look at time to see where you would have ended up if you were racing in an appropriate group.
Quote Reply