Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1st World Bitch Session- Flying Out of Seattle in Inclimate Weather
Quote | Reply
Big ass snowflakes falling. Think of a snow globe with a hint of smoked salmon.

Flights cancelled left and right. Grocery stores being cleared out. 3 cancelled and rescheduled flights. 4 hour delay in SEATAC on top of it for me.

3-4 inches total over the next 24 hours.

I am sitting on the tarmac in hour 2 of the 24 hours.

Guy sitting next to me is eating some McBullshit and it smells to high heaven.

Just looking forward to the flight being officially canceled so I can find a place around downtown and get some of my own McBullshit (probably the best pho place I can find in Pioneer Square).

At the end if the day I have a pretty fantastic life and just wanted to vent (If this was Chicago it would just be another day in the mobile office for the record) as I would love to not spend a bonus night away from my kick ass wife and 7 year old rockstar.

Life is pretty fucking good considering this is my biggest issue of the day.

This message brought to you by way of comped drinks, lack of sleep, and over privilege

Have a great weekend LR.
Quote Reply
Re: 1st World Bitch Session- Flying Out of Seattle in Inclimate Weather [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister was headed here to ski with me this weekend. She landed in Seattle early this morning and her connecting flight to Boise was already cancelled..................and the freaking sun was shining! She said they were cancelling flights even before the weather moved in! Guess they freak out in Seattle when it snows a little.

So.....another airline flew to her Denver of all places, to catch a connector to Boise. Good grief!
Quote Reply
Re: 1st World Bitch Session- Flying Out of Seattle in Inclimate Weather [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got stuck in Seattle a few years ago ... 3 to 5” of snow shut everything down.

In Feb I will get 16 flight segments. I plan to pack extra clothes just in case.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in at 1am last night. Went to the grocery store to do my normal grocery shop as I’ve been gone for 10 days. No eggs, bread, bananas, potatoes. At least there was enough wine left for me to stock up. I feel for you being stuck on the tarmac. Hope you either get out soon or officially cancel and go play in the snow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a bunch of pussies. I flew out of Toronto in a snowstorm with about 4 inches last Sunday we were delayed about an hour and a half to de-ice.

Then we took off. Cancelled flights? WTF?!?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://mynorthwest.com/...shington-snow-storm/

It’s snowmageddon.

Seriously, a state wide state of emergency for 3-5 inches of snow?

Hope your plane is well stocked.

Is the Ivar’s still open At SeaTac?

I’m getting ready to get in the hot tub with a bottle of duvel. Will be thinking of you. Live in Fall City.
Last edited by: davec: Feb 8, 19 17:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha!

So, I'm here in Oahu, where I've been since 10Jan. (I am looking forward to getting off the island!) Our project is nearing the end, and it wouldn't be a Friday during a power plant outage if there wasn't some kind of shit that popped up on a Friday right before the weekend when you have less likelihood of making shit happen. Anyway, we get what we need flowing from Atlanta on Friday night. It's going Atlanta --> Seattle --> Honolulu. Of course, Seattle flight doesn't leave on time!!! Now further behind and more problems.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: 1st World Bitch Session- Flying Out of Seattle in Inclimate Weather [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang in there. It's apparently not getting much better: https://komonews.com/...ore-than-300-flights
Quote Reply