Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good running form?
Quote | Reply
I’m a pretty good runner (sub 1:15 half) and I always thought I had pretty good form...
Anyways, I was running on the treadmill at the gym the other day and I was in front of a window, so I could see my reflection quite easily, and what I notice was that my feet landed at virtually the same spot on the treadmill deck. Picture a loooong straight line and I’m running over it, both my feet would be touching the line as I’d run over it
Is this normal?
Quote Reply
Re: Good running form? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I hear its good form.
Your half marathon time isn't normal.
You are doing something right.
Quote Reply
Re: Good running form? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:
I’m a pretty good runner (sub 1:15 half) and I always thought I had pretty good form...
Anyways, I was running on the treadmill at the gym the other day and I was in front of a window, so I could see my reflection quite easily, and what I notice was that my feet landed at virtually the same spot on the treadmill deck. Picture a loooong straight line and I’m running over it, both my feet would be touching the line as I’d run over it
Is this normal?

It's always very interesting to see what you ACTUALLY are doing. The consistent truism of movement analysis is that you never look the way you think you do. And swimming is the gold standard of that.

I have no input regarding form, but I would remind you that if you decide to make any changes, make them slowly or decrease your mileage substantially while you make them. I currently have a metatarsal stress fracture as a reminder of that important point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply