Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best brake blocks for Zipp wheels
Quote | Reply
Whats your experience and opinions on the best brake blocks for Zipp carbon wheels in all conditions?
I know none are ever particuarly good in the wet but is there one that is a bit of an all rounder thats good in both wet & dry?
Quote Reply
Re: Best brake blocks for Zipp wheels [IMF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp’s platinum pro pads worked well for me. They’re a bit “soft” and wear a bit fast but they provided great braking on my NSW wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Best brake blocks for Zipp wheels [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Swiss stops? How do they compare?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have ridden Black Prince pads extensively, but have come to the conclusion I like the Shimano carbon pads the best. Not quite as good in the wet, but not bad, however I much prefer the feel and modulation on them and have never found them grabby.
Quote Reply
Re: Best brake blocks for Zipp wheels [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Zipp’s platinum pro pads worked well for me. They’re a bit “soft” and wear a bit fast but they provided great braking on my NSW wheels.

2x on these. They wear fast because they are soft. If price isn't a worry, they are fantastic pads.
Quote Reply
Re: Best brake blocks for Zipp wheels [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Omega X brakes and use SwissStop Black Prince pads as recommended by Tririg.
They are soft and wear out fast, but I like them better than Zipp Tangent cork pads.
When I used Zipp pads, I can smell something's burning when I hit the brake hard.
I can tell my precious Zipp wheel's braking surface is getting damaged slightly by heat.
I don't have that problem with SwissStop Black Prince.
My recommendation is use soft pads although they wear out fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF wrote:

I tried them many moons ago on Bontrager Aeolus wheels so I can't really compare them apples to apples as the NSW brake track is an entirely different beast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF wrote:
Whats your experience and opinions on the best brake blocks for Zipp carbon wheels in all conditions?
I know none are ever particuarly good in the wet but is there one that is a bit of an all rounder thats good in both wet & dry?

Use what Zipp recommended and approved: https://www.zipp.com/...enance/brakepads.php

I'm quite happy with the Tangente Platinum Pro Evo pads in both wet and dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMF wrote:
Don't bother wasting your money. I've tried all the swissstop pads on various carbon wheels and I found best pads on carbon wheels was the Reynolds blue pads. I found these at a fraction of the cost and they perform just as well. They are on the soft side but at the price buy four full sets and still save money...
https://www.wiggle.com.au/...nserts-pack-of-4--1/
Quote Reply