Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder 2019 Accommodations and Event Planning
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone-

I'm planning my trip, so I need to first choose a hotel. The hotels suggested as race partners with discounted rates all seem to be about 5-6 miles away from the event venue. That's ok because I can have someone drop me off the morning of the race (and my bike will already be set in transition the day before).

So that I can understand how many days to book at the hotel, what day is packet pickup? Thursday, Friday, or is packet pickup available on both Thursday and Friday??

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2019 Accommodations and Event Planning [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the early AM there is little traffic on Hwy 119. Part of it will be closed for the race, but there will still be next to nothing on that road pre-race hours. I suggest you save some money, book a room in south Longmont, right off of Highway 119. It is all right hand turns to the Rez heading to Boulder. On the map it is about 10, speed limit of 65 mph for half of that. It will literally take you about 11-13 minutes to get to the race venue if you hit the lights correctly. That's only 2 songs on the radio & possibly not enough time to finish one cup of coffee. Fairfield Inn ($84), Springhill Suites (more but nicer), Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn Express (has a pool and 3-story twisty water slide that goes out & back IN to the building), and the brand spanking new Candlewood Suites. These are all on Dry Creek Drive, right next to the highway.

Across the street is the Pub-Brewery "Oscar Blues"--and next to all these hotels, is an entire "Food Row" where you have Texas RoadHouse, Outback, Anthony's Pizza-Italian, Buffalo Wild Wings, Firehouse Subs, Qdoba, Japanese & Chinese places, and across the street are about 30 more places including a Gold's Gym, Whole (paycheck) Foods, theater, other grocery stores. Plenty of places to ride & run. In fact, you can take the frontage road just a few blocks down on Dry Creek Drive & there is a super wide (as wide as a car lane) bike lane on Hwy 119 going all the way to Boulder, where you can actually ride on the Ironman Boulder course itself. If you're an out of towner, that is your cheapest, fastest and most logical choice if you're staying in hotels rather than Airbnb. Good luck at the race. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me or post.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2019 Accommodations and Event Planning [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One year I stayed in Longmont like above poster suggested, and it was just fine. Last year, I stayed in Boulder and it too was just fine. So, either place is plenty good and driving is easy. Race morning, you start at the high school in Boulder and take the bus to the rez. Both times, I simply parked in a city parking garage or on the street at a meter (free on Sunday), walked to the school, dropped SN bags, and got on a bus.

PM me if you have more questions.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2019 Accommodations and Event Planning [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We rented a house in Boulder, about a 0.75 mile walk to the bus pickup and finish area, it was very convenient. So that's an option.

For a Sunday race, you'll need to check-in by 5pm Friday.
Quote Reply