Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results.
Quote | Reply
Another Chicago mayor who's a triathlete? I doubt she has any chance.

I'm trying to find out more about Amara Enyia. I didn't know who she was until some questionable issues came up and I wanted to read up on her. I actually heard about her previously because of Chance the Rapper's donation, but didn't pay attention to who she was.

Apparently she's an Ironman competitor and was even featured on the ironman website. I can't seem to find any info on races that she's done. The best I could find via google was a REV3 race, but link doesn't go anywhere. The wording is interesting too since websites say she is a competitor and not finisher. I hate it when public figures (politicians, celebrities, etc.) use the ironman tag and from my own search I find out it was a HIM or they only participated but didn't finish. I still find it admirable to do a HIM and/or attempt a IM, but hate it when people claim they did an ironman. The worse sin, for me, is lying about your time ala Paul Ryan and his marathon finish time.

Anyone know if she actually finished at least one of the two she's claimed to have done?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read the article you linked? What's more likely, you have zero Google-fu or she was dishonest and lied about something less felonious than tax evasion?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate your passion and even sympathize to an extent. Having said that I'm going to virtually pop some corn and enjoy the incoming show.

I will toss out one piece of feedback-when it comes to misrepresenting accomplishments in the public sphere you might consider raising your personel bar of offenses. "Worse sin" really sticks out to me.
Last edited by: Skipjack: Feb 4, 19 20:49
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did read it along with other reports. I just linked the shortest one for the forum.

I searched google, athlinks, sportstats, and obstri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
I did read it along with other reports. I just linked the shortest one for the forum.

I searched google, athlinks, sportstats, and obstri.

My question still stands... zero Google-fu or liar?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe zero google-fu as I had to look that up.

Skipjack, maybe not worst sin. Lies are lies. But to claim a sub 3hrs marathon when you did >4hrs... that I have a hard time forgiving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still find it admirable to do a HIM and/or attempt a IM, but hate it when people claim they did an ironman. The worse sin, for me, is lying about your time ala Paul Ryan and his marathon finish time.

Of all the things politicians do in terms of corruption, stealing taxpayers money for their own enrichment etc., the worse sin is lying about a marathon finishing time?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An even worse sin is not TAKING THIS SHIT TO THE TRI FORUM!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I still find it admirable to do a HIM and/or attempt a IM, but hate it when people claim they did an ironman. The worse sin, for me, is lying about your time ala Paul Ryan and his marathon finish time.

Of all the things politicians do in terms of corruption, stealing taxpayers money for their own enrichment etc., the worse sin is lying about a marathon finishing time?

Tax evasion... meh....lying about finish time.... pillory....amirite?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She doesn't have double letters in her name, so she's OK so far

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.athlinks.com/.../?term=Amara%20Enyia

Only long distance Tri listed is a Rev3 Half-Iron she did in 2012. She completed it in a 'blistering' 8hr13min.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
An even worse sin is not TAKING THIS SHIT TO THE TRI FORUM!!!![/quote]
Your shtick has gotten very stale.
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
BLeP wrote:
An even worse sin is not TAKING THIS SHIT TO THE TRI FORUM!!!!

Your shtick has gotten very stale.

Your quoting skills suck.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
https://www.athlinks.com/.../?term=Amara%20Enyia

Only long distance Tri listed is a Rev3 Half-Iron she did in 2012. She completed it in a 'blistering' 8hr13min.

I saw somebody on FB say something about doing an Ironman, which I think was in the name of the event, but it was distance wise a half Ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
She doesn't have double letters in her name, so she's OK so far
You really have to watch out for those miscreants.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure this is a pants on fire lie - she bills herself as a multiple ironman finisher

To some extent I get it, we all have coworkers who call every race we do a "marathon" whether it's a 5k hobby jog, ultraman or anything inbetween. You can only correct them so many times without them getting it before you give up. But why you would peddle this BS repeatedly is beyond me. It's pathological and a big red flag about inability to be honest if you can't be truthful about something completely inconsequential. She's done a handful of tris so if she really can't tell the difference between a local super sprint with pool swim and 140.6, or why misrepresenting her role in such is shady, I question the brainpower behind her accrual of multiple graduate degrees (masters, PhD and JD) and certainly her capacity to run a major city. Nevermind all tax fraud-esque stuff she's tangled in. Or lying about her role in organizations.

Hot mess express
Last edited by: velox canis: Feb 5, 19 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like she got just what she wanted - attention. Maybe just not the right kind

Chicago Mayoral Candidate’s Ironman Claims Scrutinized
Last edited by: velox canis: Feb 11, 19 11:27
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done a lot of IM races, can't say I was ever a 'competitor' at that distance. And with her mary and 1/2 IM times not sure she is either.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Feb 11, 19 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
Looks like she got just what she wanted - attention. Maybe just not the right kind

Chicago Mayoral Candidate’s Ironman Claims Scrutinized

Link that works:

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...ims-scrutinized.html

So essentially she did a Rev3 half-distance race. Verdict: not an Ironman (brand) competitor and has not completed an iron-distance race of any kind, so shouldn't be calling herself an "Ironman competitor."
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago mayoral candidate a triathlete. Help me find her results. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, not sure what was up with my original link - fixed it.

Unfortunately, with this woman this isn't a one-off "oops" or minor misrepresentation that doesn't really matter to people outside the endurance world. It appears to be part of a much larger pattern of lies and persistent rehashing of embellishments and flat-out lies

I mean, who among us hasn't forgotten to declare >$20k of income? lied about lofty job titles in an organization? Taken money from Kanye to pay for past screw-ups?

Last edited by: velox canis: Feb 11, 19 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She’s getting backed into a corner and lashing out. And further proving she’s a total idiot. Chance the rapper no-showed on her event too

https://chicago.suntimes.com/...rticle&p=1727915
Last edited by: velox canis: Feb 11, 19 19:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
She’s getting backed into a corner and lashing out. And further proving she’s a total idiot. Chance the rapper no-showed on her event too

https://chicago.suntimes.com/...rticle&p=1727915

I think people are going to care even less about this than they cared about Presidential candidate spouse receiving half million dollars from Russians.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply