Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can't Drink Alcohol in my 40's anymore... [jfb8300] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jfb8300 -- Yeah, I think we are definitely in the same boat here. It sucks but I'm not really missing booze so far (granted it's been only 7 days :-) )
Quote Reply
Re: Can't Drink Alcohol in my 40's anymore... [eatmydirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eatmydirt wrote:
I also can't drink alcohol in my 40s any more.

I'm 50

VERY Clever! Made me laugh out loud (I Refuse to abbreviate that).
Quote Reply
Re: Can't Drink Alcohol in my 40's anymore... [Cycledc44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 50 now and sometime during my 40s things changed. Rather than getting “buzzed” when I drank and feeling the effects of a social lubricant I went straight to tired. Even after just a few.

But it also disrupted my sleep and found myself dragging the next day.

I tried switching to whiskey. I also tried fewer, higher ABV beers thinking maybe it was sugar or calories.

Alas, old age doesn’t come alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycledc44 wrote:
eatmydirt wrote:
I also can't drink alcohol in my 40s any more.

I'm 50

VERY Clever! Made me laugh out loud (I Refuse to abbreviate that).

Can you drink alcohol out of "40's?"
Quote Reply
Re: Can't Drink Alcohol in my 40's anymore... [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 50 and I can't drink a 40.

But seriously, if I drink more than one drink at night I'll often wake up sweating around 2-3 a.m. I've read that it's normal to wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. because the alcohol puts you to sleep (technically sedation, not the same as healthy sleep) and then the metabolism of byproducts wakes you up. It makes sense that the increased metabolism might make you sweat, and that the sedation might keep you from throwing off the covers 30 minutes earlier, so you wake up sweaty instead of unconsciously pulling the blanket down.

The heart rate, I don't know.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thing happen to me in my mid to late 30’s. I would have 3-4 beers and at night I would only sleep for 2-3 Hours, wake up, heart racing, feeling exhausted but couldn’t sleep. I’d toss And turn the rest Of The Night. Even got to the point where after one beer I’d have the same issues. Since Then I went almost Alcohol free . I’m in my mid 40’s now and with the exception of a Glass Of wine here and there I still don’t drink much.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't Drink Alcohol in my 40's anymore... [jstep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will turn 36 in a couple of months!

I love a glass of good quality wine, but I have to say next day is always bad....

Last weekend I had caipirinhas ( kind of a Brazilian Morito ) Saturday and Sunday and spend all week trying to recover. Had to take a sick day Thursday. Probably the crazy Midwest weather didn't helped either ( one week polar vortex, 60s in the folliwing week )

Even when a have a beer at dinner I can feel getting tired. It is really sad and now sometimes I prefer not drinking so I don't have do handle any of that!

God helps me when I turn 40!
Quote Reply

Prev Next