Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
H- wrote:
Glad you posted that. Just ordered some etymotics for moto use.

I really like them for the moto. With a good (quiet) helmet, they cut enough noise to hopefully protect my ears, but still allow me to hear traffic sounds.

It looks like Etymotics has expanded the line. It seems they now have several sizes and attenuation levels available. Just like condoms, be sure you get the right size for your relevant appendage. :-)

Well I found the etymotics you linked, ER20, unusable for moto because the long glass stalk would not work with full face helmet. Foolishly I got the helmet on and then found I couldn't get it off because the stalks were angled down so lifting the helmet jammed them in my ears. I had to reach in through faceshield and wiggle them out first.

I do see they make a version without the stalk designed to fit under helmets. I may have to give them a go. Started using foam plugs. Much better than nothing, cumbersome to insert. The etymotics sure go in nicely.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are folks using in the Gymbo Jones? Switching gyms this week, from a no music one, to one that plays music that I don't particularly care for. Want to be able to block this out as much as possible, without having to resort to to cranking the volume too loud. Thinking in ear (do over ear get too hot!?!?), noise isolation/cancellation & sweat proof!?!? I'm running an old iPod, so would be looking for wired at this stage.
Quote Reply
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:
H- wrote:
Glad you posted that. Just ordered some etymotics for moto use.

I really like them for the moto. With a good (quiet) helmet, they cut enough noise to hopefully protect my ears, but still allow me to hear traffic sounds.

It looks like Etymotics has expanded the line. It seems they now have several sizes and attenuation levels available. Just like condoms, be sure you get the right size for your relevant appendage. :-)

Well I found the etymotics you linked, ER20, unusable for moto because the long glass stalk would not work with full face helmet. Foolishly I got the helmet on and then found I couldn't get it off because the stalks were angled down so lifting the helmet jammed them in my ears. I had to reach in through faceshield and wiggle them out first.

I do see they make a version without the stalk designed to fit under helmets. I may have to give them a go. Started using foam plugs. Much better than nothing, cumbersome to insert. The etymotics sure go in nicely.

Sorry they didn't work for you. They work ok with my Shuberth C3 and my ears/head. Can you pry your FFH apart to clear your ears when taking it off? At any rate, that version without the stalks look promising.

Cheers.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of these for work.

https://www.plantronics.com/us/en/product/voyager-focus-uc?bvstate=pg:3/ct:r

They work very well and the sound canceling is decent. Works with Skype, Web ex, ect. Then I listen to Amazon Music as needed. I am sure there are better headphones for music quality, but for all the above in a work environment these are good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next