Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ventus LTD on P5-3
Quote | Reply
I want to upgrade my 3T Aura and mainly looking for a used Aduro. I want to clean up the front end of my bike. Dreaming of an Alpha X too, but budget is tight.

Could get a grab on a Ventus LTD for a good price and wondering:

1. Will the cable routing through the stem fit with the P5 ?
2. Will the Magura RT6 brakes fit with the basebars?
3. Is this a good option to clean up my frontal cockpit area?

Hope my english is not too bad folks !!

Cheers !
Quote Reply
Re: Ventus LTD on P5-3 [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only answer #2 and with a caveat; I did fit a Magura RT 6 on Ventus LTD ii but did have someone comment “oh you did that” implying it may be an issue....I didn’t have any issues but I probably only used it a few months and a handful of outdoor rides. So if anyone is aware of potential performance problems, chime in!
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Feb 2, 19 5:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The answer to #1 is, it depends on which Ventus bar you are thinking about (Ventus or Ventus2) On the original Ventus bar the brake cable routing ports exit in front of the stem (directly above where the front brake would be). There are no exit ports on the trailing edge of the base bar. The Ventus 2 bars do have exit ports on the trailing edge of the base bar.

#2 The Ventus 2 bars will accept any style of brake lever. The original Ventus has built in brake levers that can not be changed.

#3 The original Ventus bar is the fastest bar made in terms of pure aerodynamics, but it does have limitations regarding application. The Ventus 2 bar is a fast bar, but not the same as the original. The Ventus 2 also has a good amount of base bar horns drop.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have a Ventus II LTD on my P5-3 and will be switching to 3T Vola with under mount extensions to get more drop. I like the Ventus setup a lot.

1. Cable routing is fine. They don't need to be as long as they are pictured. Works really well with the Scott Plasma storage.
2. As mentioned above, the Magura brakes will work on a Ventus II but not Ventus I
3. Yes, I think so. I really like it, just with I could go a little lower.

I'll have my Ventus II LTD for sale soon.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Feb 3, 19 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: Ventus LTD on P5-3 [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. Only option is the Ventus II.

Taugen wrote:
The answer to #1 is, it depends on which Ventus bar you are thinking about (Ventus or Ventus2) On the original Ventus bar the brake cable routing ports exit in front of the stem (directly above where the front brake would be). There are no exit ports on the trailing edge of the base bar. The Ventus 2 bars do have exit ports on the trailing edge of the base bar.

#2 The Ventus 2 bars will accept any style of brake lever. The original Ventus has built in brake levers that can not be changed.

#3 The original Ventus bar is the fastest bar made in terms of pure aerodynamics, but it does have limitations regarding application. The Ventus 2 bar is a fast bar, but not the same as the original. The Ventus 2 also has a good amount of base bar horns drop.
Quote Reply