Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rotor Cranks [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I‘ve got a rotor set 3d+ aero, I always thought cranks are those parts which hold eternally and BBs should be exchanged once in a while.
I‘m a bit unsure now and think about exchanging the cranks after about 15000 km. Advisable or too much panic?
Last edited by: longtrousers: Jan 30, 19 2:30
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, there are just too many variables for general recommendations like "replace after x km"...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided in the end to purchase a Powermeter, chose a P2M ngeco.
I had Rotor 3d+ cranks, and because of the pictures in post #1 of this thread I decided to exchange the cranks too.
3d+ does not exist anymore, I got the successor Aldhu.
Rotor says on his site that the Aldhu is their lightest crankset ever, but after weighing I have to conclude that it is heavier than the 3d+, two cranks + axle + spider is 95g heavier. And that is not (only) because of the P2M spider: the left crank+axle alone of the Aldhu is also heavier than the left crank+axle alone of the 3d+ version.
I guess they machined less aluminium off the cranks to render them more lifetime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that the Aldhu crank arms on your power meter are a special production run that are heavier than the regular Aldhu crank arms.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I believe that the Aldhu crank arms on your power meter are a special production run that are heavier than the regular Aldhu crank arms.

Why? I purchased them indeed with Power2Max, but the cranks and axle are independent of the Power2Max spider. The spider just has the new directmount system to mount it with the right crank. And it is also possible to purchase the cranks and the axle with Rotor, just buy the spider at Power2Max and build it together.
But I do not want to question your statement, maybe the P2M Spider needs especially stiff cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [JohnMcFarland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the bike you ride on the trainer? Could be sweat corrosion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.power2max.com/...wer2max-edition-set/

Does your crankset look like that?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ngeco-road-rotor-power2max-edition-set/

Does your crankset look like that?

no, this one:
https://www.power2max.com/...ower-meter-set-road/
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [JohnMcFarland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear about that. I have snapped cranks, other brands, in that past and it is a very violent experience . . . I still have a calf scar where one went through my leg 20 or so years ago. I currently have 2 bikes with Rotor cranks. One is Rotor 2InPower with many many TT miles. The other is Rotor 3d on my S3 with many miles. No issues, and I just inspected them . . . they both look clean and great to me. Any chance you have have any sort of side impact or torque? Laying on the side traveling? Anything like that?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
So sorry to hear about that. I have snapped cranks, other brands, in that past and it is a very violent experience . . . I still have a calf scar where one went through my leg 20 or so years ago. I currently have 2 bikes with Rotor cranks. One is Rotor 2InPower with many many TT miles. The other is Rotor 3d on my S3 with many miles. No issues, and I just inspected them . . . they both look clean and great to me. Any chance you have have any sort of side impact or torque? Laying on the side traveling? Anything like that?

Don't know if the threadowner will notice the question, it is quite an old thread
Last edited by: longtrousers: May 24, 20 23:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next